Graduation, part one

The three of us were sleeping in our bedrooms when our doors burst opened, jolting us up from our peaceful slumber.

"Why are you three still sleeping? You will be late!" Dad barked.

I sat up and looked at the doorway, then laid back down, falling back to sleep when I felt something wet and cold dumped on me. Yep, my dad dumped a bucket of ice water on me, jolting me awake.

"Dad? What the hell?" I yelled.

"Get up, Elizabeth!" Dad shouted.

I grumbled as I got out of bed, then I heard Drew yelled, "What the actual fuck, Ryan?"

"Get up, Andrew!" Dad yelled.

Followed by Matt, yelling, "Christ, Dad! Was that necessary?"

"Yes, Matthew! Now, get up!" Dad ordered.

Okay, someone explains to us that Dad and Mom were late for their graduation, but they are up early for our graduation. What happens when you become a parent? Do you automatically change gears? Hell, Dad was late when he got married.

We got showers and dressed. We all pulled on our gowns and grabbed our motor boards as we all came out of our bedrooms. Drew put his arms around our necks. "Are we ready to graduate this hellhole?"

Matt and I looked at each other and said, "Yes."

"Let's do it then," Drew said as he took the lead.

Matt and I put our arms around each other, and Matt said, "Come on, twin. Let's make Mom and Dad proud." I smiled at Matt, and we went downstairs.

We all went to graduation, and we took our seats with the rest of the senior class except for Matt and I. We had to be on stage. Our parents sat next to each other as Jordan sat between Dad and Frazier. Our moms sat next to each other. Hunter was on the other side of Dad as Gail set next to Mom. The younger kids and Junior sat behind our parents.

As the faculty got up and talked, Frazier leaned over to Jordan and said, "I heard Elijah leaped faith with Davina."

"What are you talking about, you idiot?" Jordan asked Frazier.

"Oh, you know, Elijah got the cookie," Frazier smirked.

Jordan looked at Frazier, confused, then at Dad. "What is this idiot babbling about here? What does he mean, the cookie?"

Dad looked at Frazier and rolled his eyes. "Do we ever know what that idiot is saying?"

Well, instead of letting it go, Frazier added fuel to the fire. "Oh, come on, you can't be that dumb, can you? But then again, you are brawn and no brains."

"What the fuck, man?" Jordan asked Frazier, getting more irritated with each minute.

"This will not end well," Dad said to Hunter.

"Nope," Hunter said. "Jordan has a temper and a punch to go along with it."

"I'm saying, maybe Elijah may want to watch the cookies he's taking," Frazier said.

"What the fuck does that mean?" Jordan asked.

"Will you idiots shut up?" Elena yelled in a whispered to Jordan and Frazier.

"Not until this idiot tells me what he means with Elijah taking the cookie," Jordan snapped back.

"What?" Elena asked.

The rest of them put their heads in their hands.

"Frazier, what are you talking about, you idiot?" Elena asked.