Prom antics

After our caked filled shenanigans at our eighteenth birthday, things called down. Well, that was before prom frenzy hit. It wouldn't be so bad, but between the posters plastered all over the school and promposals, things were getting out of hand.

I remember one day we were all sitting in class, and the school had a fire drill. Even though it was May, it was chilly this day. They ushered us all outside, not giving anyone a chance to grab their hoodies or stuff.

We stood out there, and I was shivering because I was in a short-sleeve shirt.

"Cold?" Drew asked.

"A little," I chattered.

Drew pulled off his sweater and put it on me. Don't worry, it was a lightweight, plus he had a tee-shirt underneath. After a few minutes, a teacher told us to go home, which caused us to griped about our stuff still in the school. They told us that we could retrieve our material after four. Thank god the guys had their keys and wallets on them, or we would have to walk home.

The door to the kitchen opened, and Mom looked up from some manuscripts she was reading through to find the eleven of us walk through the door.

"Please tell me you all did not get suspended for doing something stupid, right before you graduate," Mom said to us, putting the manuscript that she was holding down.

"What? No," Matt said.

"Do you think so little of us that we do something that dumb, Alex?" Drew asked. Mom gave Drew a look. He added, "Okay, scratch that."

"Aunt Alex, we swear on the hellions' lives, it wasn't us. We had a fire drill, then they sent us home," Elijah said.

"Hey," the hellions yelled, and Elijah shrugged.

Then Mom's phone rang. It was school. She took the call; then, we heard the front door open and close as Marissa and Elena came into the kitchen. Elena hugged Elijah and the double trouble twins. Marissa hugged the hellions.

"Mom, we can't breathe," Elijah and the double troubles said as Elena squeezed them tightly.

"Are you guys, okay?" Elena asked the boys.

"Mom, we're fine. No big deal," Elijah answered.

Marissa and Elena looked at each other, then back at us. Marissa asked, "You call a bomb threat a no big deal?"

All of us looked at each other, then at our aunts like they lost their damn minds.

"What bomb threat? We had a damn fire drill," Drew exclaimed.

Mom walked back into the kitchen and said, "The so-call fire drill you all had, was a bomb threat called in anonymously. They had a fire drill, so there wasn't chaos at the school."

We stood there shocked, then heard more people come through the door, only now it was our dads and Junior. They all hugged us and checked to make sure we were okay. We all assured them we were. We also told them the school said to us that we could return to school after four to collect our belongings.

"Who the hell calls in a bomb threat to a school full of students?" Dad asked.

"Only an idiot who wants to go prom shopping," Frazier said, causing us all to look at him. "What? Never hear about people doing that?"

"The idiot has a point," Jordan said to Dad.

"Hey!" Frazier yelled.

Jordan shrugged.

"But who would be dumb enough to do that?" Dad asked the others as the adults sat there, not saying much. Well, that was until they all turned to us, giving us looks.