Homecoming, part 2 - the punch strikes again!

The thirteen of us sat in the office, along with our dates. Our hair was a mess, the girl's makeup was a mess, and it ruined our clothes courtesy of the fruit punch served to us. The six younger kids didn't have dates in case you were wondering, and they were the most significant cause of this mess. I bet you're wondering how it got this way? Let's start from the beginning, shall we?

Homecoming was on a Saturday night, so we spent that day getting ready for it. Aunt Marissa provided Mackenzie and my dresses and all the guys' suits. Aunt Elena did and Mackenzie and my hair. I was first, then Mack.

I was putting the finishing touches on my makeup, and I heard Mack yell. "That hurts!"

"Well, it wouldn't hurt if you held still! Now, hold still," Elena yelled at Mack.

"Mom!" Mack whined.

"Mack, let Elena do your hair! Sheesh," Marissa yelled, walking into my bedroom. "I swear she should have been a boy."

"Mack will grow out of the tomboy phase," Mom said.

"Here's the earrings and necklace to go with the dress," Marissa said, handing the jewelry to Mom, who helped me with the necklace as I placed the earrings in my earlobes.

After I finished, they both looked at me and declared, "Gorgeous!"

I smiled, and Mack came out of the bathroom with Aunt Elena. Our mouth drop opened with awe.

"What?" Mack asked.

"Oh, honey, you're beautiful," Marissa exclaimed.

"You think so?" Mack asked timidly.

"I know so," Marissa smiled, hugging Mack. "You should dress up more, but then Dad would have a heart attack, trying to beat off the boys."

"Good thing that I have two brothers," Mack giggled.

Matt and Elijah stopped by my bedroom, and Matt said, "Wow, you girls look amazing."

We both smiled and said, "Thank you."

Matt smiled. "Mom, we're leaving to pick up our dates."

"Okay, be careful. Love you," Mom said to Matt.

"You too, Elijah," Elena said, giving Elijah a look.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm always careful," Elijah assured Elena.

"Uh, huh? Oh, and Elijah, no pranks tonight," Elena said with a warning.

"No pranks. Dad already threatened my life," Elijah said as he left.

"Do you think there will be pranks?" Mom asked.

"God, I hope not," Elena said with a sigh.

"Let's hope they don't serve the punch," said Marissa. Mom and Elena looked at each other. "Just saying."

"What's wrong with the punch?" I asked them.

They looked at each other, then all said, "Nothing."

Okay, I thought.

Junior took the six younger kids to the school and dropped them off while Matt and Elijah picked up their dates. I went downstairs and stood there, waiting on Drew with the adults. I stood there, waiting and waiting as they talked amongst each other.

I looked at the clock and thirty minutes past since everyone left, and I stood there, waiting.

"Honey, maybe Drew's having issues with his suit," Dad mentioned to me.

"Hey! I'll have you know those suits fit perfectly, and the other boys' suits fit fine," Marissa said a matter of fact. Everyone looked at her, and she shrugged.