Chapter 1

5 years later

Sara

It's been 5 years since my town became Neverland. Today is the 5th annual ball for lost girls. Each girl gets in one group and stay in that until the lost boy makes a choice. So for me, I am in Pan's group. Everyone says I should be honored to be in his group. He never picks! I always see Clara and Clay at this ball and it's the only time I ever see them. "Hey I got our dresses and...WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WEARING?!" Elizabeth said. "Umm...I don't know." I trailed off. I looked at myself and I was wearing my hunting outfit. Liz looked at me like she was about to start WWIII. "I got you a dress. now go try it on!" Liz commanded. I took the dress and stared at it.

Navy blue with ruffles to my knee and a navy blue ruffle bow. "No. Not just no but HELL NO!!!!" I replayed. "We have to! I heard that Pan is picking this year." Ugh. Pan. No one would want to stay with that monster. No one will know who the girl is until tonight. "I think that's impossible." I said. "No it is not. We can finally get out of our groups and we will never see them again." "Not if they kill those girls and start over." I mumbled. "Come on! You remember Claire right? She is going to be there and I want to see my cousin." Liz had a worried look. Claire was the sweetest girl I have ever met until she was forced to be a lost girl. I remember hearing her screaming for Liz. I didn't even notice that Liz was crying and I started to come down in tears too as I remember that day.

*Flashback 3 years earlier*

I was sitting on a rocking chair trying to think but then I saw them. The lost children and Pan. I did nothing wrong! I thought, I left Clay and Clara to you but now you want someone else. "Excuse me, love. Are you the owner of the house?" A British voice said "Yes and no." I said. I looked to see Pan and his side kick. oh what's his name? Felix I guess? "Pan. This is hopeless let's go inside." Felix said not making eye contact with me. "What is your name?" Pan asked me.

Lie

lie

LIE!!!! I thought. "Lily. Lily Smith." I lied. I was never a good liar but I learned from Clay over the years. "Lily what a beautiful name for a beautiful girl." Pan whispered in my ear. "Pan this is no time to flirt." Felix said this time looking at me. "We are looking for Claire Scawb. She broke two of my rules." he smirked. God that smirk drives every girl mad. "Hey whats going on?" Claire asked. "Ah its nice to see you Claire." Pan said. "Felix grab her!" Claire held on to me. "Please help me!" Claire shouted. "No! Please!" Liz said. I felt strong hands around my waist "Please let us take her." I heard the voice I didn't want to hear right now. Clay. "Sara. Tell him the truth that you broke his rules. Tell him your real name." He whispered. "No." I said. I elbowed Clay and run to Pan and slapped him across the face. He grabbed my wrist hard. "You shouldn't have done that love." Pan voice's darken. The lost boys slapped and punched me till I fell on the ground. Then I fell in the darkness take over me. The last thing I heard was "Sara! Liz! Help me!"

*Now*

The dress was beautiful I will give her that but no way I am wearing like she wants me too. "My daughter. Do as she says for now please." A voice said. My mother. I always think why is she talking to me. "Ok. I will wear this." I said. "Good. Now let's get ready." Nothing bad is going to happen to me or Liz.

I hope.