Yes or No

" Jade wait up!" Cameron yelled. I hauled a taxi cab and hopped in before he came. Right when I was about to leave, Cameron started banging on the window.

" Do you know this guy?" the driver asked.

" Yes." I replied. The driver opened the door and let him in. Oh great!

" Jade what's wrong? I thought everything was going great with us. Did I do something?" he questioned me.

" It's not you, Cam. It's a long story." I told him.

" I have time" he said sweetly.

" OK fine."

"When I was a freshman, I had a crush on a guy for a while. Back then I was that girl with the glasses and a book always in her face. One day, my friend paid him a lot of money to go on a date with me. I accepted his offer and he took me to a sea food place. I ordered the mystery fish. When our food came out, it turns out that the fish I ordered, I was allergic to. Next thing I know, I ended up vomiting on the floor. Ever since that date, he and his friends bullied me. After spring break that year, I changed. I joined the cheer squad, quit reading, and shopped for the latest trends. I never bothered with dating ever again." I explained to him. he was speechless. Instead of saying something to me, he just hugged me.

" I would never treat you like that. One day, you will meet a man that will fall head over heels in love with you, and Jade, I truly am head over heels in love with you. Will you be my girlfriend?" he asked me nervously. I reached for his hand and held it tightly.

" Yes." I replied. We both leaned in to kiss when the cab driver beeped the horn.

" Am I driving you love birds anywhere?" he yelled. Cameron told him the hotel and everything. A couple minutes later, I received a call from the hospital.

" Hi is this Jade?" the nurse asked.

" Yes" I answered.

" Your friend Gianna got hit by a car and told us your number. She said that you were her best friend?" she told us.

" I'll be right there!" I said and hung up. Oh no.