Harry Mumbles in His Sleep

GIA’S POV

            Harry and Louis returned carrying several bags of popcorn.

            “Scoot over,” Harry said, and I moved to the middle of the couch.

            They’d put in another horror film. Oh jeez, I hate horror movies. I pulled a blanket over me and hid my face for most of it. At one of the super-scary points I got so scared that I screamed.

            “Whoa, Gia,” Niall said. “You okay?”

            “Hold me,” I muttered. I leaned into his chest and placed my legs on Harry’s lap. I pulled the blanket over my head and was asleep within minutes.

            When I woke up, everyone was asleep. The TV was black and the only noises in the room were everyone’s slow breathing and the clock ticking. It was 3:06 AM.

            I heard Harry mumble something in his sleep. “Harry?” I whispered.

            “Gia…mumblemumblemumble….Gianna….mumblemumble….”

            Whoa. Whooooawhoawhoawhoa. Whoa.

            He’s mumbling my name. In his sleep. Aww, how cute! That is cute, right? Not creepy? Yeah, it’s cute.

            “Harry,” I sat up and shook his shoulder.

            “Hm?” he yawned. “What? Gia? Are you okay?” He put his arm around me.

            “I can’t sleep,” I said.

            He pulled me towards him. “Commere.” I crawled onto his lap and he cradled me in his arms like a little girl. “Bad dreams?”

            “Nope. Just restless, I guess.”

            “How about we go make some tea?”

            “Will you carry me?”

            “Sure.”

            He stood up with me in his arms. I hugged his neck and wrapped my legs around his waist as he carried me to the kitchen and set me down on the counter while he prepared the water for the tea.

            “You mumble in your sleep, you know,” I said.

            “Do I?” he asked, placing the tea bags in the mugs. “Anything specific?”

            I smiled at him. “Nah…just mumbles.”

            We finished our tea and he carried me back to the couch.

            He sat against the arm, and I sat between his legs, turning my torso towards his and hugging him to me while he wrapped us up in the blanket.

            “Sing to me,” I requested.

            He took a breath, and then began singing “Strong.”

            My hands, your hands

            Tied up like two ships

            Drifting, weightless

            Waves try to break it