Trip Time

Within two weeks, we had:

1)      Picked out a house to purchase exactly one block away from Aunt Lou, and 4.5 miles from the boys.

2)      Moved all the furniture and belongings we wanted to keep to London, along with Liam, Louis, Zayn, and their girlfriends.

3)      The remaining eight of us had had a three-day rummage sale to get rid of everything left.

4)      Donated the remnants of the remnants to Goodwill.

5)      Sold the house and got our tails back to London to move from our teeny apartment to our cushy new house.

            The new place had a nice backyard with a pool, and it was amazing inside, too. Sophie was on the first floor beside the laundry room. She had her own bathroom and she loved it. Kat and Liv shared the bathroom that connected their two rooms upstairs, and I was right down the hall in the master, with my own ensuite bathroom.

            Honestly, I couldn’t decide if I felt like a mom or a sorority girl.

            Living with my girls was amazing. I loved having them back.

            One the first Monday of June, I was up and at ‘em at 6AM, getting a load of my laundry out of the dryer and getting ready to pack it up in my room for my trip with Harry. He was taking me to see his family for the whole week.

            I was in the kitchen, picking up my mug of coffee from the counter while balancing the laundry basket between my idle arm and my hip when the doorbell rang.

            “It’s open!” I called.

            Harry stepped in and walked over to me, kissing me ‘hello’ on my cheek and taking the basket from me.

            “Not even done packing?” he asked. “Slacker.”

            I rolled my eyes and led him upstairs.

            He helped me finish filling up my bag. Then, I woke up Liv, told her I was on my way out, and followed Harry to his car.

            We pulled onto the highway when he took my hand in his.

            “Love the new house?” he asked.

            “It’s amazing. I can’t believe they’re all mine.”

            “The mommy character works for you,” he chuckled.

            “Well…I like taking care of them. I feel like it makes up for me…doing all that rebellious junk. I didn’t try to help them when things got hard. I left. Liv…she stayed. She endured. I owe all three of them. I’m supposed to be the one taking care of them.”

            “Gia, you shouldn’t feel too guilty about that one.”

            I shook my head. “I have to make it up to them, just the same.”

            Harry smiled at me. “You’re a good sister, Gia.”