INTERVENTION

HARRY’S POV

            “Hello!” I greeted Eleanor and Louis when I walked into Louis’ flat.

            “In here!” El’s voice called from the dining room.

            When I entered the room, I found the whole gang-except Niall, Gia, and Liv- gathered around the dining room table.

            “Is this one of those interventions?” I asked.

            Eleanor gave me a soft smile. “I told you I would help fix everything,” she said.

            “Guys,” I said, taking a seat, “If you’re going to tell me that I can’t sneak around with Gia anymore, I’m going to ignore you.”

            “Harry…” Zayn interjected.

            “NO!” I smacked the table with my hand. “She is everything to me, guys! And you know what? She chose me. She made the moves. Why do I have to keep the act going for Niall’s sake?”

            “He does have a good point,” Eleanor said. “I’ve talked to her….she really has fallen for Harry.”

            My eyes lit up. “She has? What did she say?”

            Eleanor laughed and patted my hand. “She wants to be with you.”

            I could feel my cheeks turning red.

            “Whether or not she wants to be with you,” Dani said, “you’re still going to have to get Niall to give up.”

            “You have to make sure he won’t flip out and tell her,” Perrie finished.

            “Yeah, yeah….I know. You’ve told me a million times.” I stood up and started towards the door.

“Harry,” they said in unison.

            I rolled my eyes. “I know! Tread lightly!”

            I slammed the door behind me and marched to Niall’s flat. He answered after a few brief knocks.

            “What are you doing here?” he asked sharply.

            “Iwanttostopthecompetition,” I said quickly.

            Niall crossed his arms. “You’re giving up?”

            “No….I need you to.”

            He scoffed. “Yeah, right. I’m never giving up on her. You’ll forget about her and move on to another girl. Honestly, I don’t see how you’ve gone this long without flirting with Liv.”

            “Hmm,” I said sarcastically. “Oooh, here’s a good reason-I DON’T LOVE LIV. I LOVE GIA. I want to be with her-and I want to be your friend!”

            “You don’t love her! She’s just another challenge to you, Harry.”

            “How can you say that? I’ve been in love with her since the day I saw her! She is the best thing I have ever had and I want to be with her! But I can’t do that if you hate me. I know you’ll tell her and then she’ll hate us both!”

            “Yeah, I know! I’ve heard it more than enough times! Well, I’m sick of you always getting the girl! You have every teenage girl at your feet every day and now it is my turn! She belongs with me!”

            I clenched my fists and my voice lowered back to regular volume. “So this isn’t even about her?” I asked. “This is about me? Do you even love her, Niall…or is she just a challenge?”

            “Don’t put words in my mouth!” he spat.

            I backed into the hall to leave. “You insensitive punk,” I said.

            He just glared at me.

            I rolled my eyes and walked down the hall.

            Idiot.