Another Sleepover

HARRY’S POV            

            I knocked on the door to her house.

            “What?” Gia asked when she saw me.

            “Can I come in?” I asked.

            She bit her lip. “Sure.”

            She was still in her pajamas, even though it was six o’clock.

            “Have a day in?” I asked.

            “Pretty much.” She plopped down on the couch beside me.

            We were quiet for a moment.

            “So are you really not going with us tomorrow?” I asked quietly.

            “Harry-“

            “You’ll be here alone for six months.”

            “So what?”

            “Gia….you don’t have to do this.”

            She rubbed her face with her hands. “I can’t go with you guys. I have to work to keep the apartment.”

            “You’re going to be miserable and it’s going to be all my fault.”

            More silence.

            “Do you-“

            “Do you-“

            We both laughed.

            “We-“

            “We-“

            We laughed again.

            “Let me take you out tonight. Just for the sake of me leaving,” I said before she could speak. “It doesn’t have to be a date. I’ll just pretend I’m with my sister.”

            She leaned into me. “Could we just have a good, old-fashioned sleepover instead?”

            “Perfect.”

            She went to grab some clothes and change into jeans and a tee shirt. We picked up some snacks and drinks at Target on the way and went to my place.

            We played Monopoly in the living room for several hours. It was a lot of fun. It was the first time that Gia and I had really spent some alone time together just being us. We weren’t flirting or being sneaky.

            We were just Gia and Harry.

            She beat me and did a little victory dance to show off. She grabbed her play money and tried to ‘make it rain.’

            I laughed at her cute awkwardness.

            “Looooosseeerrrr,” she said, sticking her tongue out at me. She sat down beside me on the couch and snuggled up next to me, letting me put my arm around her.

            “You’re cute,” I laughed.

            “Sister, remember?”

            “I’d tell Gemma she was cute.”

            Gia looked at me. “What’s Gemma like?” she asked.

            “She’s really cool. A lot like you, actually. You should meet her, and my mum.”

            “I’d like that,” she replied.

            I yawned, making her yawn.

            “It’s nearly midnight. Wanna sleep?”

            She scooted away from me and stammered, not really giving me anything but a noise of nervousness.

            “I’ll sleep on the couch. You take my bed,” I offered.

            She stood up and started to the hall, but turned around.

            “Umm..Harry….could we…maybe….”

            I walked over to her and gave her a hug. “What is it?”

            “I don’t want to sleep by myself tonight.”

            “Go get settled while I clean up, okay?” I said into her skin.

            “Okay,” she softly replied.

            I cleaned up the game and turned out all the lights before going to my bedroom, where she was already tucked into the bed.

            I was beaming. I get to hold her. I get to wake up beside her.

            I took off my shirt and she blushed, averting her eyes.        

            “Eat your heart out,” I said.

            She chucked a pillow at me. I traded my jeans for shorts and climbed in beside her, where I found her in her tee shirt…and a pair of my black Calvin Kleins.

            “I forgot an extra pair of pants,” she said.

            “You didn’t have to wear any at all, really,” I shrugged.

            She laughed and punched my arm. “Jerk.”

            I hugged her. “I’m glad we’re friends again.”

            She bit her lip.

            “We are, aren’t we?”

            She nodded.

            “Friends who still have feelings for each other and are willing to gradually rebuild their relationship over the next several months?”

            She looked away.

            “Sorry…I just want to know. Gia, look at me.”

            Her blue eyes met my green ones.

            “Tell me honestly if you think we could ever be together again.”

            She pulled me into another tight hug. Then she whispered in my ear the words that I had longed for her to say.

            “I missed you as soon as I sent you away that night,” she said, sniffling.

            “Then why did you send me away?”

            “I was hurt. I didn’t want to see you.”

            “Gia….you know how sorry I am.”

            She kissed me quickly.

            I was in shock. It felt amazing, but it only lasted for half a moment.

            “I know,” she said. Then she smiled and kissed me again. “I’ve been wanting to do that for a long time.”

            “You have no idea.”

            I rolled over on top of her, making her giggle. I left a soft trail of kisses all over her face and neck. She ran her hands through my hair and I couldn’t help but sigh.

            “Having fun?” she asked.

            “So much fun, Gia…” I whispered.