The Return of #harrythehousewife

I held Sophie and Kat tightly in my arms. We were finally at the house that evening. CPS had brought them back to the house to stay with me.

            “Are you guys okay?” I asked. “Are you hungry?”

            I left them in the living room and began searching the kitchen for food. I flung open the fridge.

            What do I cook? What can I cook? I can’t cook!

            I felt someone behind me.

            Harry.

            He reached past me and grabbed a package of defrosted chicken. He opened one of the cupboards and pulled out noodles and a can of Alfredo sauce. He chopped up the chicken in a skillet and started to cook it.

            “Boil a pot of water. Do you have any broccoli?”

            I nodded and got the pot. “Is this the return of Harry the Housewife?”

            He started to cut up the broccoli and grinned, making the dimples in his cheeks very defined.

            It was adorable.

            We boiled the noodles and mixed them in with the sauce, chicken, and broccoli, then set the table.

            “Come on, guys!” I called.

            “Chicken Alfredo,” Harry presented the food to the table.

            We all ate together, chatting about anything but the current situation.

            “So are both of my big sisters now each dating a fifth of One Direction?” Kat asked.

            I, on nervous impulse, began gulping down my water.

            Harry put his hand over mine. “Yes.”

            Niall and Liv blushed at each other.

            “We’ll have to break out the embarrassing photos, then, won’t we?” Sophie said.

            “I will kill you,” I laughed.

            Kat looked at Harry. “Gia used to run around the house pretending to be Hannah Montana.”

            I sank in my seat.

            Harry patted my back. “It’s okay, Gia, it’s cute.”

            The doorbell rang and I hopped up to go get it, eager to escape the embarrassment.

            I opened the door to Lou, Lux, Eleanor, Louis, Liam, Dani, Perrie, and Zayn.

            I was almost in shock. They came.

            “Hi,” Eleanor smiled.

            Without another word, I wrapped them all into a group hug.

            “Hi, auntie Geeyuh!” Lux said, jumping into my arms. I squeezed her tight and kissed her face.

            “What are you all doing here?” I asked.

            Louis touched my hand. “Families stick together.”