My First Day At Work

"The boys will be here any minute, Lou!" Marie, the stylist called from the hall.

            My aunt, Lou Teasdale and I were sitting in the boys' dressing room. I was laying on the couch, cradling Lou's daughter, Lux, in my arms. Lou was doing something on her phone, sitting in one of the boys' makeup chairs.

            I was staying with Lou in England because my mom and dad had kicked me out of the house. Let's just say I was with the "wrong" crowd.

            "Gianna, I don't know how you do it, but you can always get Lux to chill."

            I shrugged. "Maybe I'm just boring, because she always sleeps."

            By this time, you may be wondering who the aforementioned "boys" are.

            Well, don't freak out....but they're...

            One Direction.

            See, Lou is their hair/makeup artist. So, when I moved in with her, I kind of got hired on as a Lux-sitter/assistant. I even get a small salary. (Nice work for a freshly graduated 18-year-old, right?) But I knew for sure that the best part would be meeting the boys.

            This was my first day, the next to last concert on the tour, and I was so ready to start.

            "They're not going to think I'm some sort of super fan, right?"

            Lou shook her head. "As long as you stay cool, you'll be fine, Gia."

            Lux groaned.

            "Are you waking up, baby?" I asked.

            "Geeyuhh...." the two year-old mumbled.

            "What, baby?"

            "I wann Hawwee and Loo..."

            "They'll be here in a minute, okay?"

            "Okay, Geeyuhh."

            Lou laughed. "See, if that were me, she'd scream for Harry until he got here. She loves him."

            I smiled. But at that moment, five rambunctious boys burst through the door.

            "Lou!" they chorused, tackling my aunt.

            "We missed you soooooo much!" Liam said.

            "I missed you too! But hey, there's someone I want you to meet."

            They all turned to me and I waved sheepishly.

            "Hi Hawwee!" Lux said with a big smile.

            "Has Lux got a new nanny?" Louis asked.

            "Nah, this is my niece, Gianna Miller. She's staying with me until...further notice. Gia, these are the boys!"

            "Hi!" I said.

            "She's American...." Zayn said, chuckling.

            "Yeah," I said, "I'm from West Virginia."

            Harry sat beside me. "Give me that baby."