Hunting for a Blow-Dryer

“Gia?”

            I was pulled from my sound sleep.

            “Hm?” I mumbled. “Lou?”

            “No, it’s Niall.”

            Niall?

I blinked. Memories of the night before flooded my thoughts. I sat up and felt warm bedsheets.

“Niall?”

He was sitting beside me in shorts and a white tee shirt.    

“Why am I in your bed?” I asked.

“Harry carried you in here after you fell asleep. We all slept in the living room.”

“That’s so nice,” I smiled. “Thank you.”

“No problem. They boys all went to their own flats in the building to shower. Do you want something to eat? It’s almost ½ past 11.”

I nodded and yawned.

“Lou said she’s bringing you clothes to change into when we get to the show tonight. You can shower here.”

“Okay,” I replied as he pulled me out of bed.

He made me a sandwich and we watched TV together till about three o’clock. He let me shower first.  Once I was all clean, I pulled on yesterday’s jeans and stole another shirt of Niall’s.

“Got a blow-dryer?” I asked, pulling my hairbrush from my massive purse.

“Nah, but I bet Harry does. Or Zayn. Zayn’s down the hall in 203. Harry’s upstairs in 304.

I pulled on my boots and shoved my phone in my pocket and headed out the door.

Outside Zayn’s door I knocked six times. I pressed my ear to the wood and could hear music playing and a blow-dryer running. There’s no way he could hear me. I took the stairs up to Harry’s flat. He answered after three knocks.

“Nice hair,” he said. “The ‘wet dog’ look really works for you.”

“Niall doesn’t have a blow-dryer,” I pouted.

“Come on, I’ve got one.”

Harry was only half-ready. He fixed his hair in the mirror while I blow-dried mine beside him.

I spent a few minutes bent over with my long hair almost touching the ground. I flipped it back when I stood straight again, and it was one giant, crazy mass of hair.

“Wet dog to Hermione Granger,” Harry said. “Genius.”

“Shut up,” I said, blowing hot air in his face.

“Don’t attack me with my own blow-dryer!” he squealed, smacking my leg with a towel.

I grabbed a towel of my own and began smacking him too. Soon, we were chasing each other around his place, beating each other with the towels and laughing. He ran into his kitchen where he smacked a button on the wall. Music filled the air.

“Nice speakers,” I said.

He shrugged and swatted at me again. “I like to sing while I cook.”

We continued our war until he was on the living room floor and I was on the couch, out of breath.

“We’ve got to go in ten minutes,” he said. “Might want to go tame that hair.”

I kicked his leg and walked to the door, calling out a goodbye.

I ran down to Niall’s and brushed my hair through so that it would lay flat on my head instead of sticking out in all directions.

“Come on, Gia!” Niall called to me.

I tossed my things into my bag and followed Niall out the door to meet the boys at the car.