Niall is Not Justin Timberlake

LIV’S POV

            My only work friend, Noel, had just dropped me off at the apartment. Gia wasn’t home.

            I kicked off my shoes and changed out of my green apron and white tee shirt. I pulled on a comfy sweater and walked into the bathroom.

            I pulled my sleeves back and examined the scars.

            Gia was the only one who knew about them. And she knew I’d stopped as soon as she brought me here. But they hadn’t healed quite yet.

            I got the tiny tube of Neosporin out of the cabinet and applied the waxy cream to my cuts. I winced  as I rubbed the goo in. They took forever to heal, and they still hurt.

            Honestly, I was just glad to see the pain as pain instead of relief.

            The front door opened and a Gia-shaped tornado sped down the hall, slamming her bedroom door behind her.

            “Gia?” I called.

            “Leave me alone!” she responded.

            I walked into my room and waited for the cream to dry. I’d speak to her in the morning. She was totally and completely impossible to talk to when she was angry anyway.

            It was kind of hot in my room, so I cracked the window.

             I pulled my short blonde hair out of the hairclip that was holding it up and all of a sudden heard a thud behind me.

            I turned and saw Niall Horan on my bedroom floor.

            “You aren’t Gia,” he said.

            “You aren’t Justin Timberlake, but you don’t hear me complaining.”

            He half-laughed. “Harry and I need to talk to her.”

            “Will his royal curliness be dropping in as well?”

            “I think he headed to Gia’s window, actually.”

            “Go away, Harry!” we heard Gia yell.

            “He was on the right track,” I nodded, giving Niall a hand up.

            He glanced at my exposed wrist and looked up at me, a sad and confused expression on his face.

            I yanked my hand away and pulled my sleeves down.

            “So…” I averted the conversation and sat down on my bed, “what did you guys do to Gia?”

            “It’s a bit of a long story…….”

            I patted the space on the mattress next to me. “We’ve got time.”