2; First Day & Meet The Baby*

H A R R Y

Happiness.

That's all I felt within the past few days of being in hospital with my newborn child and fiance.

We've been home for about a week and a half. The baby has settled in fine and Bella loves her, she helps us put her to bed at night and tells her stories to help her sleep. Marie and my mother are obsessed with her as well, spending the first three days at our apartment to make sure we're being good parents.

Not gonna lie, I think I know what I'm doing after all the Parenting for dummies books I read when Olivia went to bed early. 

Lorrie, Niall, Zayn and Gigi are coming over today to meet the baby as they just got back from their vacation yesterday. We were supposed to all go together but Olivia was carrying a baby and we found out the due date we couldn't risk going.

Hope is all we could have ever wanted and it's crazy to think that me and Olivia made her together with the love we have for each other.

It's a very important day for Bella today. She's going to be starting the first grade and she's over the moon about it. She set out the outfit she wanted to wear the night before and I'm currently trying to chase her down to do her hair whilst Olivia breast feeds Hope. 

"Daddy, I don't need you to do my hair. I'm a big girl now." She squeals as I reach out for her.

"I know princess but even big girls have to have their hair done." I tell her and she stops, tilting her head to the side and staring at me.

"Really?" She asks.

"Yep, remember when we had to pick up mummy from the hairdressers?" She nods. "Well she needed to get her hair done and she's a big girl."

"Will I have to go to a dresser for my hair?" She questions.

"No baby, you will one day but I can do it for now." She nods and sits on my lap as I sit on the couch, brushing through her long curls which have grown out within the past year.

When I tie her hair into pigtails, like Olivia taught me before, she jumps off of my lap and runs to grab her pink backpack. "Should I say goodbye to Hopey?" She points to Hope's room.

"Sure princess." We walk to my bedroom and I see Olivia feeding Hope.

"There's my little student." Olivia smiles and Bella walks over to them." Are you excited to start school today?"

"Uhuh but I'll miss you and Hopey." She kisses Hope's forehead which makes my heart swell.

"What about me?" I tease and she giggles.

"I'll miss you too daddy."

Olivia's eyes well up and I offer to take Hope so she can hug Bella. When I have the tiny baby in my arms, Olivia pulls Bella into a tight hug and kisses the top of her head. "I'm going to miss you so much."

"I love you momma." Bella says and kisses Olivia on the cheek.

"I love you too baby." She kisses Bella on the forehead and lets her go.

"Bye Hopey, don't miss me too much." Bella pokes Hopes cheek and then kisses it.

She leaves the room to wait for me at the front door. "My little baby is growing up." Olivia says and smiles as a tear rolls down her cheek.

"I know baby." I kiss the top of her head as I can't really hug her with Hope in my arms. "I wish I could come with you to drop her off."

"It's fine. You need to look after Hope and I'm sure Bella wouldn't want her mum embarrassing her by crying in front of everyone." I tease and Liv playfully hits my shoulder.