Chapter 1- Don't forget to Smile

Kari's POV

Taking a deep breath for what seem like the 400th time as I wait for my name to be called. The building I am currently is smack down in Market St. This is a very different from all the other interviews I had in the past. Usually, I meet the chef, we talk, I get the tour of the restaurant and I cook for them for 8 hours for free, but this is different. I never saw myself in a skirt, blouse and flats for a chef interview. I also don't have my knife kit with me. Taking another breath in and out before looking up at the lady on the receptionist table, the office is white, clean with modern art on the wall and the company's name is smack just above the table
'Smith & Ackerman'

Why did I answer this phone call again? I'm not at all in my element. This is not a kitchen, I know that Mika told me that I would be perfect for this job but she is also a lil sadistic. I love her though, she's one of my best friend.

"Kari?" I look up after being snapped from my own thoughts and there she is my best friend Mikasa Ackerman standing tall, with black sleek pants, gray blouse with her signature red scarf that her man has given to her.
"Mika...hey" I get up and give her a hug and she sits next to me.
"You okay? He's stuck in a meeting but he would see you as soon as he is free. Plus you're early again." Mika explained, trying to calm my nerves down.

"I'm always early

"I'm always early. You forgot that I'm a chef, if I'm not here 15 minutes before the said time then I'm late." I am blabbering again, I blame the nerves and the unknown.

When Mikasa asked me to try out to be the private chef of her boss to get away from the stress of being in the restaurant and the crazy hours, I didn't think too much about it until I enter the office and did a quick research on this company Smith & Ackerman. It's one of the biggest law firm in San Francisco and I'm supposed to cook for the Ackerman.

"Miss Lancaster. Mr. Ackerman is ready to see you now." The girl behind the counter says with a smile, perfect blonde, with pearly white teeth and she looks like she's been doing this for a while.

Mikasa stands with me and give another hug. "Wish me luck.." I whisper to her before pulling away from the hug.

"You don't need it. You'll do great! Just be yourself." I nodded to what she is saying and I start to follow the blonde lady towards the office of Levi Ackerman. My heart is beating a million beats a minute and my hands are starting to sweat.

"Kari! Don't forget to Smile. " we're the last thing I heard before the door closes before me. I put on my biggest smile and the man turned around with a glare at me. FUCK.