Chapter 8 - Thank you

Sunday Night

June 11th

9:30 pm
Mikasa's and Kari's apartment building.

Kari' s POV 

Where the hell could it be? I looked everywhere. Mikasa's apartment, my place is trashed and I even look at Matt's place twice.  Where did I misplaced it? Crap!  I walk side by side Mikasa with Eren and Armin right behind us heading back to Mikasa's place after checking Armin' s apartment two blocks up the street to check there again if I dropped it there.

The locket that my grandmother gave me with her smiling face with 2 dog tags from my grandfathers' military days and my other grandmother's ring are all in that one necklace. Wht did I have to take it off and now it's missing.

"Don't worry Kari,  we'll find it." Armin try to cheer me up.

Once we turn the corner Levi is knocking on Mikasa's front door.

"Levi!" She gets his attention.

"I've been knocking for 10 minutes. Where the hell where you?" He complained. I'm sorry but he is the last thing in my mind, I have something to look for.

"I'll see you guys later, I gotta check my place again." I try to excuse myself before all of this turns into a mess.

"She's looking for something. What do you need Levi ? Can't this wait tomorrow? " Mikasa says.

Levi is digging something in his pants and hold it up. "Kari, you looking for this?" I turned around and my eyes widen and a sense of relief washed over my entire body.

I'm so happy that he has it. I just tackled him and give him a hug but he lost his footing and he fell backwards. My heart beating hard and fast again and I can feel his chest beating just as fast. We are merely inches away and I can see the pink color on his face.  Didn't think the badass lawyer could be easily embarrassed.

"Oi, Kari get off of me. I'm your boss!" Levi clicked his tongue and I get off on top of him as quickly as possible while Mikasa help me up.

"Thank you Levi. This necklace means a lot to me and I thought I've lost it. " I say as I open my hand for him to take it so I can help him up. He stare at my hand for a good 15 seconds before accepting it and I pull him up.

"I found it in the bathroom. Guess you took it off before dinner last night." He says as he patted the dirt off his butt and pants.

"Dinner?" My friends says in unison. Oh shit! I didn't really explained to them that I was part of that dinner.

"Yeah, she was my guest with my colleagues for dinner. Is there a problem with that?" Levi' s grayish eyes glare at the two men behind me.

Eren's POV

The hell is wrong with this guy? We were just asking a question why does he have to be a jerk?

"No." I turn to Kari with a smile "I'm glad you found them, but we should be heading to bed. It's getting late and we all have work tomorrow..." Armin, always the voice of reason. Kari , Mikasa and I gave my blonde adorable friend a big hug before he bids goodbye to everyone and head  home. Mikasa and I also bid our goodbye and head to bed. I swear ever since that jerk show up in Mikasa's life it's been a complete nightmare just trying to have a normal life around here. Walking around with his fancy expensive shoes, shoving it on everyone's face like he's like a titan or something.

Kari' s POV.

"I should be going then. I got a job to do tomorrow. It's late. You know you could have just texted me and give it to me tomorrow. Leave a note by the kitchen counter or something.  Not many people would come all this way to return a necklace to its owner." I stand my ground and look at the floor not wanting to meet his gray eyes, probably glaring at me from being so careless.

"I'm not many people. I'm one, and you're different." Levi says before taking the necklace and putting it on me and making me look him in the eyes.

"Don't be late Brat! Night!" He says before leaving me alone , walking away and disappeared around the corner leaving me standing there in the dark hallway.

Really Levi, Thank you so much! I owe you one.