Chapter 14- Surprise...

The next Day 

Levi's POV

5:30 AM

I have been up since 4 AM and I am preparing everything for my surprise for Kari Lancaster. I really hope she likes it. What if she hates it and she ends up not talking to me? FUCK! I really hope she's a morning person. She is, cause she's up before God is up and already making me breakfast when she has too.

The plan is to have a picnic on the beach during sunrise.  I don't know how I came up with this, maybe between the no sleep and how tired I am, I am delusional. I can't help it, I want her face to glow and to see her smile so I can sleep later. I walk up to where Kari is sleeping and open the door quietly, slowly walking up to the sleeping body. I can hear her steady breathing and her face is half planted on the pillows around her and her entire body is hugging another. She looks so peaceful and cute. I comb her hair back and kiss her forehead.

"Mmm..."

Fuck! She's making those cute noises.

I decided to lay next to her and pull the pillow that she's hugging. She moved a bit and pull that's closer to her against her body, it happens to be me. She planted her face onto my chest. She started to breath steady again and her hand landed on my abs.
I can't help but tense up but relaxes when she gets even comfortable against me.

"Kari...Kari, wake up."

"5 minutes." She mumbles.

I can't handle this. Get a grip Ackerman! You put criminals in jail and you can't handle a cute woman sleeping against you?  This is ridiculous,  I just need her to wake up.

I'm going to regret this later.

"KARI! OI, WAKE UP!" I yelled and she shot up and all I hear is a solid slap and a hand landing hard on my cheek.

Ow... that hurt.

My left cheek is stinging and I can feel the redness and heat from the slap from Kari.

Kari' s POV

When the act I did processed into my tired brain. I turned to my left and saw Levi blushing but with his left cheek twice as red.

"Oh my God! I'm so sorry!" I rush to his side and rub his cheeks..

"I'm so sorry. Why did you wake me up anyway?" I kiss his red cheeks and look at him for answer.

"I got a surprise remember." He gets up from the bed and pull me closer to the edge of the bed. "Go change.  We can sleep after my surprise."

I set to walk to the bathroom with some warm clothes and changes quickly before seeing Levi waiting for me.

"I only slept for 2 hours.. you do remember that we walked around for 15 hours..." I complain as I pull on a hoodie jacket.

"Tch! Don't complain, you slapped me already. So now let's go." He said, I shrugged and I followed him out the door to his rental corvette sports car.

We enter his car and once he starts his car I knocked out and continue sleeping.

Levi's POV

Fucking Ass. She better not slap me again when I wake her up, I'm going to turn this car around. I glance to where she is sleeping and I smile at her. She can slap me any day. She's so cute.

I drove for about 15 minutes and I find parking immediately in front of the beach where I usually take my stroll. I never showed this little spot to anyone. When I can't sleep or need to think I come to this spot to just relax.  I nudge Kari to wake up and she instantly open her eyes. She looks at her surrounding and he looks at me.

"The beach? It's 5 something.  Why are we here?" She asked as she takes off her seatbelt.

"Breakfast. Sunrise?" I get out of my car and picked up the picnic basket from the trunk and open her door taking her hand after locking my door  and walking to the spot I usually sit on.

We finally arrived at the boulder and even climbed it before she makes a comment.

The light is barely peaking into the horizon and the soothing crashing waves relaxes me. I open the thermos and pour 2 mugs of black tea before giving one to her.

"Thank you. Levi? Did you sleep?" She asked me before she takes a sip of the tea I made. I shake my head no before taking out some breakfast sandwiches that I made earlier on. I watch her rake a bite before I start eating as well. The sun is teasing against the ocean, slowly rising but not in a rush.

"Why not? We were up so early yesterday and didn't get home till around 2 this morning. How can you be still alive now..." she asked me in between chew. Guess she's hungry. I give her a small smile as I watch her eat.

"I want to show you this spot and the sunrise. I can sleep later when we go back. " I reach over to her lips and wipe the crumbs, she instantly turn beet red.

After eating, I pull her closer to me . She sitting between my legs and I'm hugging her from behind while watching the sun rise. My back is leaning against a rock. The sun is almost half way up I lean in and kiss her temple as she sit there quietly comfortable with each other's company.

Kari' s POV

I'm breathing steady and watching the sun rises and I can feel Levi's heart beat and his breathing against me. I slowly turn to see him and to my surprise I see him sleeping, peacefully and even has a small smile. His arms still around me and I can't help but let my heart melt at the sight of Levi sleeping.

"Poor thing, you haven't slept at all Levi Ackerman." I lean in and softly kiss his cheeks.

Somehow, I gotta get us out of this boulder, bring Levi with me and drive our sleepy ass home.

I'll figure it out but right now I just want to watch Levi sleep.

"You're a sweet guy Levi. I'm so lucky to have met you."

AN: woot chapter 14 done.. thoughts,  vote and thank you.