Chapter 31- It will be an Honor

Levi's POV

My mother Kuchel Ackerman was the only woman I've truly loved, still do. I never stopped loving the woman that gave me life till her very last breath.  She was not like Kristine in a way she is a mother to Kari. My mother is a mother to me nevertheless what everyone else says she is, to me, she's my mom. When she was in her death bed, I was fairly young and I remember her dying wishes.

'My little Levi, find someone who would be able to put a smile on your face like I do. You deserve everything in this world that is good. You deserve to be happy and to smile. The world needs to see my boy smile. Promise Mama that you will smile again.'

I still remember how those were the last time I smile to my mother and she pull me in a hug and my entire life changed right after I lost her. When you only have one person holding you close and keeping you warm at night and that's taken away from you in an instant, in such a young age, you don't have any other thing to do but to deal with it.

That was the start of my life being hard. Being in the system before I was a teenager, meeting my uncle Kenny then went right back to the system and having these weird foster families taking care of me so they can have money. Once I turned 18, I ran away and start stealing and living on the streets of SF until I stole something from a wrong guy. It happened to be Erwin Smith, he ended up not charging me for stealing but he put me to school and pushed me to be a better person until I became his partner in a law firm. My life starts getting better and I'm more capable of living on my own and even start giving back to the community. Dating was hard when you're already awkward to start and not really have any people skills.

Then she walks right into my office, with that smile on her face, the most welcoming warm smile that's hard to notice. When I she sits across from my table with that smile, she open something within me that I forgot that was in there. There's this small fire that start to warm my heart once again when I thought it left me long ago.

Kari and I got ready right when we arrived our condominium. She rushed to the shower knowing how I'll take twice as long as she does. It's a running joke how I take longer to get ready and she's the female in the relationship. I'm just a clean freak, even four eyes warned her so whatever right.

 I'm just a clean freak, even four eyes warned her so whatever right