Chapter 4 -Battle of the Sexes

A/N :hello every one. Chapter 4 is here and I just want to say thank you for reading this AU fic.

On to the story.

June 8th
Thursday
7:30 pm
Mikasa and Eren's Apartment 4B
Game night

Kari' s POV

"That's how you win a race!" I fist pump and jump up for a celebratory high five with Sasha and Mikasa.

"Dude! We are getting beat! That's 5 to 3 with the ladies on the lead. We gotta get are momentum back!" Connie, the semi bold haired dude that is Armin' s neighbor.

"Eren is too cocky and now Karma is killing us." Armin scratch his blonde hair while preparing the next race on the tv.

We've been playing Mario Kart for over 3 hours and so far the Ladies are winning. Surprisingly enough, I'm doing pretty well for someone who doesn't really play video games. Sasha is our gamer girl so she wins all her games but Mikasa is just good at everything.

"I don't want this game anymore. Let's play poker or something. I know I'll win there." Eren excitedly suggested. We shrugged and clean up a bit so we have enough room for a game of Poker.

As we all stretch our backs and clean up a few mess, refill out snacks and drinks before finding a spot around the coffee table and ready for a mean round of Poker.

"Strip poker!" Connie suggested. Sasha  shakes her head no but everyone else is down. "Socks is one strip. Not one at a time.." I say before I take the cards from Eren and starts suffling and distributing the cards when a knock on the door interrupted our focus. Mikasa jumps up and head for the door.

"Probably the pizza." She opens the door and find the shorter man with the undercut haircut and a box of pizza.

"Levi?" We all look at the man at the door. He's wearing his white button up shirt, black pants and caravat.

"I paid for the pizza, can I come in?" Why is the big boss here? Mikasa opens the door wider and we all got up from the floor and walk up to Levi and shake his hand as we introduced ourselves

"Mr. Ackerman, it's nice to see you again." I shake his hand firmly like the first time we saw each other.

"Levi is fine... what are you guys doing? " Levi look behind me where the rest of my friends are sitting all stiff since the big boss are in.

"Uhm, just a little poker. Do you need something from me Levi?"  Mikasa asked with a concern tone in it voice knowing that your boss/cousin Doesn't just show up on your apartment unless it's important right?

"I need those papers for the JRK case. I need the original papers since you won't answer your phone and emails." Levi shrugs and sits on the couch next to me. He picked up a pair of cards as Sasha decided to deal the rest of the card. I look at my pair of Aces and raise the pot that's happening. I catch Mikasa head to the room that she and Eren shares. Then Levi raised the pot again. The rest of the guys folded and the game is between me and my future boss. Levi Ackerman have not twitch or even make any facial expression, he has that poker face down. He could actually win this or be bluffing.
" Three of a kind, Kings." Sasha says as there is 2 Aces and a King with another 3 on the board. Levi was about to take the pot when I stop his hand with mine.
"I haven't even put my cards down Levi." I touch can feel the warmth on his hand while he stare at me straight in the eyes and everyone seems so tense with what's happening.

I dropped a pair of Aces. Eren, Armin, Sasha and Connie celebrates with screams and yeahs for my win.

"Not bad Lancaster." Levi gives me a smirk. Mikasa heads back to where the rest of us were sitting and hand the folder to Levi. "Here it is." Mikasa says and looks around at the smiles and the cards on the table with me stacking the poker chips on my side.

"What just happened?" She asks as Levi gets up from the couch and head to the door with Mikasa.

"Nothing, I'll see you tomorrow morning." I heard him say before bidding goodbye and leaving the apartment.

"Oh my God!" Sasha exclaimed excitedly. I let out a huge breath that I didn't  know I was holding in.

"That was fucking awesome! You just killed him at poker Kari!" Connie says before stuffing his face with the hot pizza.

Eren rushes to his girl and hug her and even give her a kiss before Eren told the epic poker battle to Mikasa that she missed out on.

I miss this, I miss hanging out with friends and hearing them laugh and how animated they get when there's pizza and beer.

Levi' s POV

I walk down the hallway and press down for the elevator to head back to my condo in SOMA (South of Market).

The tingle feeling of her hand on top of mine is still there, that was the first time someone beat me in Poker in a long time.

I take my phone from my pocket and text someone about Saturday. I read it over once and press send.

*Ring Ring* my phone flashes with Hanji's face and name.

Hanji: Shorty!  Hurry up! Erwin is getting ansty.

Me: I'm on my way down. Just chill out!

I hang up and open the front door to the building and head inside the car where Erwin and Hanji is waiting.

"Must you really have to come here for those papers?" Erwin says, the blonde older gentleman who I have called my father told me as I give him the folder as the driver drive away.

Kari' s POV

*ping*
"Kari your phone just went off..." Armin rushes from the couch and hand me the phone before getting ready to cuddle on the couch to watch some movie. "Thanks" I say before looking at the text message.

This is Levi Ackerman and I suggest you save this number on your phone since I'll be your boss from now on. You're hired and Saturday will be your first day to cook for me and my closest friends. I intend to be blown away just how you manage to beat me at Poker just now. I'll send you a text tomorrow with my address and I expect you to be at my house at noon so we can go food shopping. Have a good rest of your night Kari Lancaster

-L.Ackerman-

A/N:

Woot chapter 4 finished.
On to the next one..

Thanks for reading.