Chapter 6- Memories

Food is something that should take you back. Like a time machine, a memory from your past, it's supposed to trigger all those happy memories you had when you eat a well made dish. That's what they are there for. Cooking is a form of medicine, to cure a damage soul, to bring happiness back to your life, that's what a good dish would do.

June 10th
6:45 pm
9G SOMA Condos

Kari's POV

Levi Ackerman's condo is so huge and perfectly clean, sorta one of those condos you see in a magazine.  It's a perfect bachelor pad, lots of art decoration and his kitchen, all stainless steel, a chef's dream to cook in. I'm wearing my pink chef coat with a black apron that I brought with me while Levi wore a red one against the black shirt he was wearing earlier. He is actually helping me and dinner is almost ready. Right after we arrived, we got straight to work, I showed him what vegetables to peel and what herbs to chop while I work on the other dishes. He and I got to know each other and he was a very good student. He really wanted to learn.

"So now you can cook this meal to your girlfriend." I pull out the chicken from the oven and put it in a cooking rack on the clear counter. Levi and I are so close to getting done that we are just cleaning up and finishing the last of the meals and putting things together.

"Yeah, if I have a girlfriend that is. Hanji told me that I work too much that I don't even think about dating." Levi is washing dishes when he stops and walk over to where I am. He takes a deep breath and let the smell of garlic, citrus, fresh herbs and spices take over his senses. "That smells so good." I smile, I live for people who I can make happy with my cooking.

"Thanks, I hope you like how it taste. You should go change, your friends will be here in 15 minutes." I suggested as I continue to plate the food and put the Peach Cobbler in the oven.

"Okay, you're eating dinner with us. So you should get ready too. Mikasa grabbed a dress and shoes for you to wear for tonight." Levi points at the simple black dress that's hanging by the living room with a red heels next to it.

He did leave earlier today while I was prepping some of the food and that's where he went.

"Mikasa did say she has a spare key of yours? I was going to ask her to borrow some clothes for you but then she mentioned that she has a spare key so she picked out for you. Don't be nervous, it's just some of my close friends."  He says before he disappeared into his room.

I walk over to where the dress is hanging and memories of my past come rushing in like a wave , but I guess this will work. "Bathroom is down the hall to the left..." I hear Levi say from his room.