Chapter 17- We are so dead!

Smith&Ackerman
430 pm

Mikasa's POV

I swear on the horse's ass of Jean if she doesn't arrive soon I'll turn this surprise party around she'll never know what hit her.

Ding

I turned around towards the elevator and see her with Annie, Reiner and Bertholdt helping her with the cake and some other stuff. They're walking out with some other decorations and the cake that she made with a small Levi figure on top of the cake.

"Bout time. What took you so long?" I take some of the bags from Annie and the four of us head to the  conference room to start decorating.

"So you're Mikasa's best friend? I'm Reiner and this is Bertholdt but we call him Bert." Reiner introduced himself. Reiner and Bert are both higher than 6 feet, Reiner has blonde hair and Bert has dark hair.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Kari. I've only known Annie. Thank you for helping out guys." I say as I follow Mikasa into the conference. It's a big open space with a long table in the middle and the glass window to show how beautiful the city we all work for or live in.

Mikasa starts handing jobs to the four of us so we can get this room fix. The two men pushed the table against the wall and Annie and I start pulling out the food and sweet and putting them on the decorated table with 'Happy Birthday Levi! ' just above it. I set the cake on the far end of the table and start adding the last touches of the cake.

 I set the cake on the far end of the table and start adding the last touches of the cake

Annie walked behind me with a soft smile. "Wow! That looks amazing."

There's a small writing on the cake in white chocolate.

Happy Birthday Levi

From Smith & Ackerman group.

"Thanks." I say admire my hard work that I did in less than 3 hours.

"He really deserve it. He works so hard. Sometimes he would be the last one in the office cause he want to finish something. I hope he likes it or..."Annie says

"....we are all dead for making so much mess..." Bert finished the sentence. I swallowed hard. Shit. What if he hates it?

"Don't listen to him Kari. He'll love it. You planned it and don't scare her or I'll kick you ass Bert." Mikasa says from the ladder as she and Reiner hang some streamers and decorations on the wall and some on the ceilings.

I chuckle, Mikasa is protective and even though I can handle myself, she'll kick ass if she needs to.

We finished decorating and look at our work and I admire the great job.

"Great work!" We all jumped out if our skin and see Mike behind us. The hell he came from?

"Now let's get everyone here cause he's on his way up with my wife." He added. He got the entire office behind him and we all enter the office and pick up some poppers and confettis to throw at Levi when he comes with Hanji.

Levi's POV

One more word out of Four eyes, I'm going to poke her eyes out and feed it to a bear.  When I walk out if the elevator with Hanji who's been talking non stop, I've noticed how the office is like a ghost town and Erwin is standing by the receptionist area. Oh no! No more running around town with Hanji, I will jump off the building if he orders me to be Hanji's personal shopping buddy. Isn't this why we got employees? So we don't have to drive around town with Hanji?

"We have an emergency meeting in the conference. I need you there as soon as possible." Erwin says

"I'll be right there, I gotta wash my hand. I've been out of the office way too long." I say making my way to my office but Erwin put husband on my shoulder and forced me to the conference room. I swear, nothing is going my way to day. This is definitely a bad day and no one cares about what I want.

I open the conference door. There's popping noises and confetti thrown my way.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEVI!!"

There's cheers and clapping and smiles everywhere. The only and Levi notice is Kari' s as she hold a party hat. It's a top hat with 'Birthday Boy' written on it. She walks up and give me a hug . "Happy birthday. I'm the one to blame. Don't hate us." She whispered. I'm trying my best not to smirk. She pull out of the hug and put the hat on me. Everyone seem to tense up waiting for some kind of reaction from me.

"Well someone pass the pizza and the cookie. Do I have to do everything around here?" I said firmly and that cause everyone to act and actually starts having fun in this party. 

The staff have the urge to give me a hand shake and a hug from some of the girls and I need to get out of here and just need a time to myself. I sneak out and saw Kari' s eyes looking at me and I nodded and pull my phone to text her "My office...-LAckerman"

I watch her look at her phone before I live and walk to my office.

I sit on my desk and I starts rubbing my temple, tired from running around and now a party for me. I'm just not a people person, but I appreciate what my staff has done. Within minutes, there's a knock on my door. "Come in" Kari opens the door and I see her with a tray with two slices of cake and two cups with tea.

"Hiding isn't part of the party you know." She sets the tray on the coffee table and she pats the space next to her on the couch.

I follow and sits with her and she hands me a small plate with the chocolate cake slice, my fave, but I would never say that to anyone but it looks like Kari knows.

I take a bite and before I could even say anything I'm eating half the slice already and all I heard is Kari giggling.

"I know it's your fave. I'm your private chef remember."  I put my plate down and take the cup, holding the rim of the cup and taking a sip of the perfectly made cup of tea.

"Thank you for doing this little gathering even when I had to spend hours with Hanji." I lean in a kiss her cheeks.

I am mere inches away from Kari and I'm staring at her lips.  She closes her eyes and I'm leaning in forward for something I've been wanting to do. I close my eyes and lean in just a few more inches before ....

"LEVI! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" 

Kari and I jumped up from the couch to see Hanji with a huge smile on her face.

"Did I just interrupted the first kiss?" She chimed as she walk towards me and Levi.

"You're so dead Four eyes!" I pull her out of my office and head back to the party before the rest of my staff get any ideas.

Sorry Kari, maybe some other time. I'll kiss you when there isn't anyone to interrupt us.

A/n..

I swear a kiss will come soon.. I promise.. just hang in there..

Thanks and vote please..