Chapter 24- Someone's gotta do it

a/n : the song is what I was listening to when I wrote this chapter

Mid October

Armin's POV

The couple of months has been busy around here. With Crista finishing her master's degree in history, I've been helping Eren and Mikasa around. Mikasa has been in intense work training to be the next lawyer if her company now that Levi decided to step down.With Levi back to his old self, the glare and the 'Tch!' And Kari being in Paris. 

 Someone's gotta tell the story right? So if you don't know I'm Armin Arlert. I'm best friends with Kari, Eren and Mikasa. I am dating Crista Historia Reiss and she makes me blush and turn into an idiot as Levi would say. On to the story then shall we.

There's so much going on with Mikasa fighting crimes, calling the shots slowly but definitely surely. Eren is being less selfish and actually learning and helping Mikasa with some paperwork. Who knew that my stubborn psychotic best friend is actually reading 'How to be a Lawyer for Dummy!' Levi has been over their apartment on more than one occasion. Especially when they have to prepare for a court day. Who knew Levi Ackerman would be able to eat half a large of pizza, drink about 4 cans of Beer and keep working for another 3 hours before Mikasa has to throw him out. He would sleep next door in Kari' s bed. Even though he has a condo pent house in SOMA area, he still sleeps and stays at her apartment. I guess that's what love is, that's what keeping him sleeping at night is her smell and her memories in that apartment.

We are currently in Mikasa's and Eren's Apartment working our asses off. Levi shoved Eren out of the couch and Eren rushes to Mikasa's side.

Eren is nervous, well from where I am sitting down on the floor alphabetizing some files. Apparently I'm really good at it according to Levi .

Eren's POV

Sheesh! Levi is getting way too comfortable around us ever since he starts dating Kari and now he pushed me out of the couch after asking him for his blessing for me ask Mikasa to marry me and I even showed the ring . 

"What are you doing showing me that ? Go ask her before I kick your ass in front of your beloved." Levi glared at me and that's when I start heading towards where Mikasa is sitting on the dining table surrounded with paperwork since she has a court day Monday morning. Levi decided to do a long Friday and just help her out.

"Uh, Mikasa? You got a second? I have something to tell you." I start, breathing, not forgetting to breath since I might pass out before I even pop the question.

"Sure, what is it?" she looks at me, her attention still at the work in front of her. I take her hand and hold on to it, forcing her to look at me. 

"I love you.."

"I love you too, can I go back to work now.."

".....wait, let me finish. I have more to say..." I take another breath in and she waits patiently. "... I love you, I always have since we were kids. At first like a sister, a love that only a brother to a sister but then we got old and hormones starts raging and I couldn't hold it in anymore how much I start to love you as you and not just as a sister. Would you give me the honor to call me your husband and you as my wife?" I pull out the velvet ring box and open it in front of her. 

"Would you marry me and be Mrs Jaeger?" I ask. her eyes widen, then soften and tears starts to fall. She nodded , I put the ring on her left ring finger and she tackles me and we both end up on the floor and starts kissing. I hear commotion around us and it is Armin and Levi towering over us.  

"Bout time!! it has been ages of hiding that ring." Armin chuckles as he help Mikasa up from the floor. Levi reach and offer his hand and pull me up. "You take care of my cousin or i'll kick your ass, she is the only blood family I have and I know you will treat her the way any women should be treated." I nodded and he gave me a hug.

Levi's POV

I decided to call it, it is pushing midnight and Armin and I decided to leave the lovebirds to relax. I offered to dropped him off but I guess his girlfriend is actually picking him up. I say my goodnights and walk across the hall to Kari's apartment. 

I put the key on the keyhole, turning it, making a loud 'click' sound before I push the door open. Her scent hits me like a tidal wave, a mixture of chocolate, sweet vanilla and lavender.  I walk and shut the door behind me locking it before walking to the master bedroom, having a quick shower and sit on her chair in front of her desk with my laptop is resting. 

I look at the clock on the bedside table. 12:30 am, should be around 9:30 am in Paris right now. She is probably heading to school. She decided to get a part time job in a small bakery and attend some classes to keep her busy. She and I still talk, constant texts and video chat but we both have our own lives and I am trying to fix everything over here so she can come home and she can be in my arms once again without some douche bag threatening her. I decided to turn on my laptop and click Skype. To my disappointment, Kari isn't online. I am about to shut my laptop off when a 'PING' and a green dot next to her name caught my attention.

*ring ring* KARI LANCASTER IS CALLING YOU

I answer right away, her smiling face welcome me and all my stress and tiredness washes away.

"Captain Shortie.." she smiles as she wave her hands on the screen of the video chat.

"whatever funsize" I glare at her. I saw her pickup her cell phone and she squeal and there some feedback coming from the computer so i had to plug my ears. 

"Eren finally asked her. With your help? That's hilarious, I would have done the same thing. Levi, thanks for looking out for them while I am gone."

"Yea, someone's gotta watch these idiots sometimes. "

"You haven't change one bit! I miss you so much Levi." she smiles softly and blow a kiss towards me. I only see her through her or in my dreams. I sometimes dream that she is next to me and kissing me to wake me up.

"I miss you too short stuff" I am not that tall, then again Kari is shorter than me. 

"Oh, If you are still up for it. I was wondering if you want to be my date for Jean and Marco's wedding next week. I'm coming home for a week and going to attend or do you have someone..."

"NO! l'll take you to the wedding. I don't need some French Perverted Asshole to take you..." I glare at her, the thought of Kari being with another guy just makes me so angry. "... someone's gotta do it. so I'll do it than some crazy.."

"You're just an asshole not perverted..."

"I can be perverted if you prefer me that way" I smirk at her and that cause her to blush. It has been months but i still know how to make her blush.

"Well, I'll see you on a week. I have class in an hour and work after so, I'll text you. Bye Levi, love you" she kisses her hand and throws it at me before waving

"night! i'll look forward to your text"

This is my life right now with her, just on computer screens and sometimes hours and hours of phone calls and text. 

Until the day I come get her back where she belong this is fine. 

Someone's gotta do it! Might as well be US!

A/N :woot thanks, sorry for errors and vote vote vote

LOVE YOU ALL