Chapter 3 - Girl Time

Kari's POV

June 8th
Thursday
5:30 am

      The sun is barely peaking through the horizon but here you are resting for a bit trying to catch your breath. You agreed to run with Mikasa through one of the parks by the apartments. My long brown hair in a tight ponytail, my tank top sticking to my skin from the sweat that released from running.

"Here." Mikasa offers some water from her bottle and you take it before saying 'thank you'.

"So, what do you think of Him ?" Mikasa finally asked. After yesterday's interview, you haven't updated your best friend and next door neighbor, she was too busy with work and you were too stressed to figure out a menu for Saturday.

"He's not an asshole as you said he was. Then again it was like a 30 minute conversation and he barely made any other comments other than how my smile won't help me get a job. He's not a people person so why is he a lawyer?" I stand up properly before stretching my back and popping my spine before Mikasa and I starts jogging back to our apartment.

"Cause he makes a case and he wins it, he's one if the sought after lawyers in the city and by just observing him and learning his ways, I'm learning a lot and since I just graduated, I don't have much experience yet." Mikasa is an intern for Smith & Ackerman, she's going to be a great lawyer someday.

"Hmm, I guess, just be careful with that guy, I don't trust someone who doesn't smile. How's EJ anyways?" I asked and Mikasa isn't the one to blush or be embarrassed but when I mention her boyfriend EJ, Eren Jaeger, she turns into a tomato. I grin at the sight of my best friend blushing, she's so in love with him.

"He's good, he's been working tirelessly with Armin at Zynga about a new game they are going to pitch for Facebook. It's pretty neat. You should come to my place tonight and have a board game night. It's been a while since we all got together."

We stopped at a traffic light waiting for the walk light to blink to cross the street to go to our favorite local coffee shop.  It's been a routine with me and Mikasa to run early before work every time I have the morning shift and since I don't currently have a job right now, I've been running with her for a solid couple of days now. Mikasa And I met when she kept getting my mail 5 years ago and she kept giving them to me and that's just how she and I stayed friends. She went through as a kid, being in different foster systems allover the country until she met Eren' s dad, the doctor and took her in and send her to school  and now she's one of the top interns of the top Law firm in SF.

"Yeah, I'll come by with some food. It's been a while since we all hang out. I hope Sasha comes since she always loves me food." Mikasa gave me a small smile knowing our friend Sasha eats anything and everything.

Mikasa's POV

There's 3 people in this world I am protective of, Eren who I grew up with, fell in love and now my boyfriend. Then there's Armin, we all grew up together and when his grandpa died, I never let go of making sure he's alright. Finally, there's Kari, she grew up differently than me, she's fortunate to have a family who loves her and a brother who would check up on her once in a while but when I met her, she didn't have those. From the stories she told me, her parents disowned her after she starts being a chef, it was not the career choice they want, so they stripped her everything they have. With the money she inherit from her grandmother, she put herself in culinary school and work her ass off to be known in the city. 

Kari and I walked in the small coffee shop that opens right at 6 am. She ordered her usual black tea and I order my black coffee. She also ordered a big blueberry muffin to share. Work doesn't start till 830 am so I have enough time before I have to head to work.