Chapter 2 - Smiling won't help

Levi's POV

     I only agreed to this after finding out that Mikasa is my distanced cousin and apparently this friend of hers is one of the best chef in the city. I've been finding the perfect chef to cook for me at home and do the shopping as well but the last month, I've been interviewing idiots who think they are God's given to the culinary world.

I returned her smile with a glare and a smug look.

"Mr.Ackerman, thank you for seeing me today. " she offers a handshake. I look at her petite hands that fits her petite frame, she's shorter than me, no more than 5'2" . As much as I don't like touching people's, no stranger's hands, I have too. I shake it and offer the seat in front of my desk.

I sit back down after examining her clean clothes and her hair. Looking down at the neatly typed resume with her name on top with the list of previous employers.

"Why do you cook?" I asked not meeting her eyes as I scan the paper that was given to me by Mikasa.

"I cook because not everyone can do what I can do.  I don't cook to keep you full so you can go on with your day, I cook to keep you satisfied. I cook to heal , to fill what's missing in your soul. Cooking for me is just as powerful as falling in love. Being a chef I have the power to bring you to memories in your life that associated with food. I can..." she goes on but I raised my hand for her to shut up. You can tell she is nervous from her answer. I finally look up to her and look into her hazel eyes, her red lips and her brown hair.

"Why did you become a chef Ms. Lancaster? " I keep my eyes on her, examining her features.

Kari' s POV

      The office that Mr.Levi Ackerman occupies is so clean and neat, right out of a hospital room, a surgeon could probably give an emergency operation on his desk. Everything has a place and neatly put together, like the rest of the office, everything is white with different grays and blacks to accent the room and the city right out side his bay window.

"I became a chef because it's my addiction. I love making people happy through my cooking. I know it sounds cheesy but I give a little bit of myself to the food I cook to make them happy.  We are in one of the cities in this country that can give so much when it comes to culinary and not everyone can give the passion and love that I gave when in comes to cooking. If you give me a chance I'll show you what I'm capable off before you make a decision of hiring me." I offer a trial, usually restaurants offers that to the person they are interviewing but this is different and I'm not sure if he evers hired a private chef before, not from what I got with Mikasa.

Mr.Ackerman put his right hand under his chin, as if thinking about my offer, he leans on his chair.

"Tch" he clicks his tongue and calls for the receptionists. "Annie, come in here." Few minutes, the blonde lady who was helping outside came in with in seconds. "Please show Ms. Lancaster the door." Fuck! It's over, I fucked up. Sorry Mikasa but I didn't get it. "You are to come to my house  this Saturday and to cook for 5 people,  3 courses, show me what you're capable off and I want each course to represent who you are as a chef. Be at my house at 5:30 pm and dinner will be serve at 7:30 pm. I will have my closest colleagues there and I'll make a decision by the end of dessert. Annie will show you out and give you details to where my house is." His voice are mesmerizing when he talks and I was captivated with his instruction and how he delivered it.
"Thank you sir. I look forward to seeing you this Saturday." I offer another hand shake as I get up and smile at him.

"Smiling won't help you, I need to taste your food before I can hire you." Levi Ackerman has a reputation and he definitely doesn't play around.

This is a challenge I'm willing to take and I'll blow his mind with my food and I'll get that job and I'll work for this so called 'Asshole' just to prove my point that Food can change people.

I turn once again to the man with the glare and undercut hairstyle, giving him one last smile before following the lady with the name Annie out of his office.

I think it was a very good interview for what I can tell. Now I just gotta let my food speaks for itself.

 Now I just gotta let my food speaks for itself

A/N
Thank you so much for reading. I try my best to keep it short and sweet in the beginning, please keep reading and voting. I'll update soon thanks so much.