3/ Swimming

Millie's POV

I get home around 3. I'm meeting Finn at the recreational center at 5.

Dear god.

I figure I should probably work on some homework before I get ready. So I  finish my math packet, I'm quite good at math, and I mange to do nearly half of my science assignment, until I check my phone and it says the time is 4:35.

I set a reminder in my phone so I don't forget to read a chapter of my this book I have to read for Language Arts. Don't get me wrong, I love to read, but good books. Not this meaningless piece of busy work.

From my dresser, I pick out a black bikini top and baby blue, floral bottoms. I put on a pair of black shorts and a white t-shirt over it. I look in the mirror and realize my short brown hair is a MESS. So I get it slightly wet and brush through it, running my fingers through to make it smooth.

I pack a towel, a granola bar and a plastic bag into my bag that I use when I go swimming. It's large so it can fit multiple towels. I hide a five dollar bill between my phone and my phone case, just in case the vending machine calls for me.

I check my phone and it's only 4:50. I grab out my science paper again and decide I can do a couple more questions, I do NOT want to be behind.

When my phone says 5, I slightly panic. But it's alright, fashionably late... right?

As I grab my keys and head for the garage I hear a familiar voice "Millie? Where are you going?"

"Just to the pool, mom! With Sadie," I say, instantly regretting it. I've almost never lied to my mom before, and for something so stupid? How could I?

"Oh, alright Mill. Be home by 10!" She replies back, in a cheerful tone.

"Okay!" I shout up the stairs so she can hear me, and I proceed to leave the house.

_

Once I arrive at the rec center, it's 5:05. Not bad. I grab my bag and head through the doors. Where I see Finn, this guy from my Language Arts class, Caleb, and a boy with curly brown hair.

I start walking towards them while Finn waves at me, and I stop in my tracks as I see a head of red hair come out from behind Caleb's.

"Sadie?"

"Millie?" She replies in the same tone.

I speed walk over to her and give her a quick hug. I whisper in her ear, "Why are you here?"

She whispers back, "Caleb invited me."

I raise my eyebrow suggestively and she grins.

"So, let's head to the pool," Finn says, and off to the pool we went.

_

The pool was indoors, so it was a bit stuffy, but that's usually goes away once you get into the water.

I proceed to take my clothes off and put them in my bag, in front of everyone. What? I'm already in my swimsuit!

Out of the corner of my eye, I can see Finn staring while biting his lip, and his friend with the curly hair giggles at Finn and walks towards the edge of the pool. This makes me blush.

I stuff my clothes into my bag and place the bag under the bench. Everyone follows what I did, it took the boys half the time as Sadie and I considering they came with nothing over their swim trunks.

"Cold!" Sadie exclaims, dipping her toe into the pool. I laugh.

"YiIKes!" Caleb shouts after dropping a foot in.

"Y'all are pussies!" I shout, in the mostly empty pool area. I mean it's 5 on a Tuesday who's going to be here?

Right after my comment, I jog and gracefully leap into the pool, splashing Sadie and Caleb. I come up for air, smoothing my hair back. They both makes sounds that everyone makes when splashed with cold water.

Finn follows right after me, looking quite impressed.

"Oh I forgot to mention," Finn says after coming up for air,"this is Gaten." Finn points at a Gaten without looking back at him, who is now holding his index finger over his lips, telling me not to say anything.

Gaten gives this low, hilarious scream while he jumps into the air and practically onto Finn, splashing Sadie and Caleb once more. The two who have just now managed to get in at hip level.

This was going to be fun.

A/N: Sorry to leave ya hanging! There will be a part two of this chapter coming very soon. Things get a lil spicy, may I add.