6/ Hard to Get

Millie 💗

Ugh, Millie thought to herself, why is he so hard to get?

Narrative

The week had gone by in a flash. Same old, same old. It was Friday night, and Millie was curled up in bed with a book.

Buzz

Millie adverts her eyes from the book she's reading, and looks over at her phone, which is on her desk.

It's an Instagram notification, Sadie posted a photo. Millie opens her phone.

It's a picture with Sadie, and her arm's around a certain dark haired, freckled boy. They're both smiling. Gaten is in the background, making a pair of bunny ears with his fingers over Finn's head and grinning widely.

Millie sighs, tears threatening to fall from her eyes.

Not only were her best friend, and her new friends hanging out with out her. Sadie and Finn were hanging out together, and they were getting pretty flirty.

Millie felt so excluded, like an outcast. Why would her friends not invite her? Especially her best friend Sadie.

Millie slammed down her book on the desk and wiped away the tears on her cheeks. She was done getting left out, she was done being the one friend who isn't invited. She stomped to her closet and threw on an outfit like Sadie would wear. A black crop top and light blue shorts, but with a Millie-twist- an oversized grey cardigan sweater.

After fixing her hair and applying some lipgloss, Millie looked at herself in the mirror. Not bad, she thought to herself. She opened instagram and checked Sadie's picture, it had the location on it. Posted only six minutes ago, Millie typed the address into google maps and went off to her car. Her parents weren't home, typical. So she had no explaining to do to anyone.

She arrived at what seemed to be a roller skating rink with an arcade and a small diner. This brings me back, Millie thought she said in her head, but the dreamy sentence escaped her mouth and entered the ears of a nearby person.

"Same here," a boy said. Millie gasped and turned around. There stood a boy with slightly tanner skin than Millie's and light brown hair.

There was a moment of awkward silence, "I'm Romeo."

"Millie," she replied dreamily. He was very good looking in her opinion, but looking at his brown eyes only reminded her of Finn.

Ugh! Why did he keep popping up, he's just ruining Millie's fun, even when he's not there.

"Nice to meet you Millie, do you want to skate with me?" He asked sweetly, flipping his hair to the side.

"Sure, let me just go rent some skates-" but Millie was cut off, "No please, allow me. What's your size?" Romeo said walking towards the counter.

"Seven, and thank you." Millie blushed, a boy had never offered to do something like that for her ever, besides... Fuck.

Realization hit Millie hard, she looked back again at the charming boy. The same boy who broke her heart, and her wrist in middle school. How could this be the same guy? How could she have forgotten, what has she gotten herself into? Maybe he doesn't remember?

Hold up, is this the same guy from the pool? Couldn't be, he didn't know Millie's name until right now, unless he was just pretending. No that guy at the pool, wasn't Romeo. He had dark brown hair and paler skin, plus his hair was shorter. Millie was so quick to assume.

He came rolling by with a pair of skates in his hands, "Here you are."

"Thank you," Millie says shyly. She sits on a bench and puts them on. Her face instantly lights up with a smile, she's forgotten how much she loves roller skating, and Millie's pretty good at it too.