20/ Perfect Day

Quick side note before we get started, THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 1K READS! back to the story 💗

Finn

We ate the whole box of pizza, we were watching The Breakfast Club on Millie's laptop when I get a call from Gaten.

"Hey bro, what's up?"

Millie laughs at my use of "bro."

"Do you, and hopefully Millie want to go to the lake with the gang today? Around 2:30?" Gaten asks.

"Hell yeah I do, I'll ask Millie, I'll text you what happens."

"Okay, bring your awesome speakers too."

"On it," I say and then hang up the phone.

I ask Millie if she wants to go to the lake.

"Hell yeah I do!" She says. Millie isn't one to hold grudges.

"That's what I said!" I grin widely at her.

"Okay get ready, I'm going home but I'll pick you up in half an hour," I say to her.

Millie nods and leads me out of the house.

I drive home and pack my backpack with granolas bars and a bag of Doritos. Sunscreen, towel, speaker, sunglasses. Check, check, check, check. I pull on a shirt and drive to Millie's house.

I honk and she comes out of her door carrying her back pack and wearing a white sundress. We listen to music on the fifteen minute drive to the lake, it's a little past 2:30 when we get there but that's good enough.

In the distance I see our friends sitting on a huge blanket.

"FINNLARD, MILSTER!" Gaten and Noah shout in unison.

We laugh at their nicknames. Sadie, wearing a blue bikini starts running towards Millie and swallows her in a big hug.

"I'm so sorry Mills, I missed you so much," she says.

Millie smiles, "I forgive you."

"NOW LETS PARTY!" Caleb shouts.

I stare at Millie as she removes her sundress, revealing a light yellow bikini.

"Finn will you spray my back with sunscreen?" She asks, holding out a can. I spray her back and she gets the rest if her body by herself.

I apply my own sunscreen and I sit down next to Gaten.

"I brought sour patch kids!" Millie exclaims enthusiastically, gotta love her. Have I told her I loved her yet? Oh man I haven't kissed her in so long...

I feel my eyes wonder to her lips, her soft, pink lips. HOLY SHIT FINN YOU'RE LOSING IT!

Gaten excitedly opens the sour patch kids, "THANKS MILS!" He shouts like a little kid.

Millie smiles in response, god I love her smile.

Millie plops down next to me and pulls a green sour patch kid out of the bag, my mouth waters. Green is my favorite.

"You're catching flies, Finn," Millie motions towards my open mouth, I didn't notice it was open. I must really want a sour patch kid.

She smiles softly and pops the green sour patch kid into my still open mouth. I grin and chew.

"YOU GUYS ARE SO CUTE IM!" Noah and Sadie say I'm unison, looking at each other like they have telepathic powers.