Chapter 12~ The Ham-fam vs Video Games

I honestly hate the last chapter, it feels too self indulgent in my own headcannons, ships, and self inserting. Really, the things I wanted to avoid with this story. Now I'm going to try and make up for that shit-show last chapter with honest to god fluffy moments w/ the Hamilton crew. Please enjoy, criticism is wanted and encouraged here (plz, I need it, my writing is shit)

The morning after was... an experience.

Alexander and John were closer than ever that day, Tjeffs and Jmads were acting very strange and flustered around each other, Washington was kinda clinging to Alex more than ever, (Alex if you even try to lock yourself and John in the bathroom I will remove the lock) and Evelyn was just... disconnected. 

She was back on her laptop, typing away as if the world around her didn't exist. You'd be lucky if you're able to get a nod or a simple "uh huh" if you tried to engage with her but she seemed pretty focused on something. It was like they weren't even there to her and really, Alexander needed some attention lest he do something stupid with the toaster.

Jefferson had finally had enough "'Scuse me Eve but you have people in your house that want attention." And he started poking her in the face with his spoon from the bowl of cereal he ate previously.(was not going to lie, lucky charms were his fave but he didn't need just the marshmallows like Alexander did) "Huh? Oh! Sorry guys. I just got wrapped up in my game and almost forgot you live here now. Heh heh..." she sheepishly grinned and rubbed the back of her neck. Philip glanced over at her screen and saw.... well something. "What's that?" "Hm? It's just my video game that one of my friends told me to play." "What's a 'video game'?" Well fuck.

After explaining what the hell a video game was (basically it's a game you can play in some kind of technology without getting mauled or almost killed) she showed him the game "It's called 'Undertale' and it's a game where you fall down a mountain and have to get back out while battling monsters that-" "You can battle MONSTERS?!" "Alexander no, you don't-" "Gimme that, I'm going to get you out of that mountain faster than a bullet on a battlefield." "No alEX WAIT!-" 

It was too late, he snatched the laptop out of her grasp and grabbed a fork with the intent of jamming it into the beast (flowey) and killing it. (poor dummy, she had barely even started the game) Washington took this as a sign that he should intervene and quickly grabbed the device out of Hamilton's line of fire. He ended up stabbing the table and leaving four tiny punctures in the wood. "Son-" "Don't call me son." "Watch your tone, I doubt she meant actually killing them. Right?" He gave the laptop back and she clutched it to her chest "Yes. Thank you. It's not real Alex. It's fake, there is no real danger, you just click a few buttons and talk to them or senselessly murder them." She showed him the game mechanics and caught everyone's attention. 

What ended up happening was them watching her play the game while giving their own input.

I'll just say what they think at memorable parts of the game. Note this is neutral & true pacifist route

Flowey: Eliza: Aw, isn't he cute? (2 seconds later) I hope he fucking burns in the pits of hell.

Toriel: Angelica: she reminds me of Eliza a lot. Washington: She reminds me of my wife...(Awkward silence)

Sans encounter: Revolutionary bois: (near death laughter)XD Tjeffs: shut the fuck up that wasn't even funny (somebody gon' die tonite)

Papyrus encounter: Tjeffs: omg HE CAN SEE YOU! Jmads: Thomas just... shut up and let me enjoy this. Tjeffs: (Promptly shuts up)

Papy encounter #2: Tjeffs: Wa-... YEW JUST- Schuyler sisters: (unapproving glares) Tjeffs: (decides to live another day)