--4--

It's currently 7 in the morning in sunny Arizona and it's already 87 degrees outside.

Luckily inside my apartment is an air conditioner that keeps it cool and fresh. Since I was up so early I decided to make some breakfast and record a YouTube video. On my channel I do a variety of things. I do animations, like James, I do q&a videos, I play some video games, and sometimes just talk to the camera.

Today I was going to just sit down and talk to the audience about my run in with James. But I'll do that after I eat breakfast. After all, it is the most important meal of the day.

I finish eating and go sit down at my desk with the camera all ready to record but I notice that the mic I use to record my voice is missing.

I frantically scramble around the room knocking things over and knocking over a water bottle, spilling water everywhere. Oh no oh no oh no. This isn't good. I run into the kitchen and grab towels to dry the spill.

For a few minutes I completely forget about my missing microphone and just zone out into cleaning up the spill. Luckily the water only semi spilt onto my keyboard. When I put the towels back, I remember about the mic.

I start making a mental list of places where it could be because clearly it isn't in this room. I check in my room, not there. I check the kitchen, not there. I don't know where it could possibly be besides these places I've checked. Then it hits me like a rebellious 9 year old boy throwing bad hands alls at a dunk tank. (An/ y tho).  I think of checking the car. After all, that's where I saw it last. I was recording a car vlog but must've left it in there. I run down the stairs and out the building and down to my car.

To my luck, it's not where I thought it would be. I sigh really loud and bang my head on the top of the car. Keep in mind this car is very [short or tall] since I am very [short or tall]. I guess I banged my head so hard on the car I hear, "Is everything all right down there from above me."

I look up to see James standing on his balcony looking down at me. I try not to freak and reply back, "Yeah. Just can't find my microphone. I'm trying to record a video but it's kind of hard to record without a mic." He says back, "Maybe you could borrow mine. And I'll help you look later." OH my GODDDDD! James wants to let me borrow his mic!!! Worst day ever just turned into best day ever. "Yes! Thank you. I'll be up in a few!" I say to him.

I squeal and run up the stairs to my floor. But then I realize that I have no idea which room is his. I know it's higher up than mine because I remember him going up the next flight of stairs yesterday. Not stalkerish at all...

I go up to the next floor and see James standing outside his door. Door number 307. I'll make a mental note.

I say, "Hey! Thanks again for letting me borrow your mic. I was maybe thinking you may want to be in the video with me...? After all, my fans all love you just as much as me." James said back, "I'd love to! So what would we do?" I reply, "I was thinking... Maybe a challenge? How about the whisper challenge?" He said in reply, "Sure sounds great. Let me go grab the mic really fast and I'll be down in a minute."

I start walking down but then add, "By the way, my apartment id number is 216."

I go back into my apartment and start straightening up the house a little bit. It is fairly organized already because OCD and stuff but just a few things that are out of place I put away. I take two chairs and set them in the living room and take my camera and put it facing the chairs. I grab a pair of headphones and hope James brings a pair too.

Five minutes later I hear a knock at the door. I run over to get it, almost tripping on my own feet. I open the door and see James holding a microphone and headphones. He smiled and said, "Hey neighbor." I smiled back and welcomed him in. "Nice place you got here." I said back, "Its the exact same as yours dummy." He had a dumbfounded look on his face and said, "Oh I didn't know that." We both laughed hard because we both knew that was a lie.

We took a few minutes before starting the video to prepare and choose background music. I put on my "Hard Rock" playlist. On it was Green Day, The Killers, Panic! At The Disco, Blink-182, and Fall Out Boy. Some of my favorites.

I hit record on the camera button and say, "Heeeeello my friends! It's me [y/n] back again with a new video! Today I am joined with..." I point to James and he says, "ME! TheOdd1sOut." I keep going, "It's a long story of how I met him but I'll save that for another video. Today we are doing the whisper challenge!" I explain what the whisper challenge is to the camera and the game begins.