Chapter 18: Let's do this!

Weeks have passed. Weeks of intensive training for me and the people of the Academy. We have been preparing for the confrontation between the Great Evils and Angiris Council. I've managed to convince Taehyung and Kangjoon about my idea, Although, part of me deep down inside is a nervous wreck who is deeply afraid. What if something really bad happens and I can't stop it?

I have to be strong, that's the only way. I twirl my sword in my hand placing it inside my sword sheath. Today is the day we march on to defeat the Angiris Council and the Great Evils for our freedom. I let a deep sigh escape my lips. Clutching onto my necklace I walked over to my balcony looking up at the cloudy sky.

"Mom...Dad... I hope I'm not making a mistake." I said softly while closing my eyes, "I promise to avenge you."

I heard a soft knock on my door, catching my attention. I turned around and saw Taehyung had invited himself in and he was resting on his shoulder on my door frame. He smirked at me and I gave him a small sheepish smile avoiding his stare by looking down. I probably look like a tomato right now.

"Looks like someone still hasn't gotten over our kiss?" He teased, I could almost hear the smirk and pride in his voice.

I scoffed at him. I unbuckled my waist sheath with my sword and placed it on my bed. Placing my hands on my waist I scowled at the arrogant man in front of me. Just remembering our kiss we had when he was against my idea makes my skin crawl with emotions I've never felt before, partly because it was the most heated kiss I had ever had in my life. The most weird thing is that I enjoyed it and I confirmed my feelings, it was always him. I agreed to be his mate. Hopefully, that wasn't a mistake too.

I walked over to him and flicked his forehead. "If this is how it's going to be like...I can change my mind." I teased turning away from him.

I then felt arms wrap around my waist and hot breath hit my neck. "I'm sorry, but I can't stop." He chuckled.

I chuckled as well moving side to side with him. My door then clicked locked. Taehyung must have closed my door with his foot.

"Y/n?"

"Hmm."

"Remember I told you...that you had an answer?"

"Clear as day."

"You were my answer. Every time I looked at you I had a feeling of nostalgia. I felt as I've seen you before." He said softly holding his grip on me tighter as if I would be pulled away from him.

His cheesiness is too much but...right now... I kind of like it.

"But, the truth is...when I was young I fell in love with a girl. She would come once a month to see my mother, we would play together."

"Okay." I said a little disappointed. I'm not jealous but why do I have to know about his past love life, right now?

"And then after two months she never came back nor did her mother. My mother mourned her, I could only guess she passed away."

"Did the girl survive?" I asked curiously.

"I don't know, but we exchanged our prized possessions promising one another to meet again. I gave her a necklace..."

He turned me around and showed me the necklace around his neck. That looks strangely familiar... from this point of view.

"They found it in her house through all the ashes. She was never found.  And I have this..."

He reached into his pocket and took out a tiny pink bow hair pin. I gasped, that pin was what my father gave me.

After he died my mother gave it to me saying he wanted to give it to me as prize for mastering my fire. The case of the boy, I don't really remember since it was just a year, the memory is faded but I remember the boy. His broad square smile. His fringe covering his eyes, he was a very weird boy but I loved him. He was the only one that wanted to play with me. I was an outcast but he didn't care.