The Secret Admirer

"Make sure to watch it, big brother~" James' brother, Harumi teased as she giggled while walking back to her room.

James just came home from his shift at school. Upon entering the house, Harumi immediately handed him a CD, telling him that it was given by a secret admirer.

He sighed, another secret admirer.

Well, nobody would object as to why he was getting notes, letter, or gifts from secret admirers. He had tons to be honest. His looks, his charming personality and his talents made girls swoon over him. And the girl who had given him the CD had got to be one of them.

James went inside of his room and placed his bag to the floor beside his bed. The CD was placed above his laptop which was on the table. He changed into his usual shorts and a black shirt. He threw his uniform on the laundry basket and proceeded downstairs where dinner was served at the kitchen.

Harumi was already there, along with their younger brother, Brian. Harumi was grinning at him as he sat between the two of them. He groaned at her and rolled his eyes.

···

Bedtime came and James went back to his room. He laid back down on his bed and immediately fell asleep, completely forgetting the CD he was given earlier.

The next morning, he was walking towards school when he suddenly bumped into someone. "I'm so sorry," he apologized to the person. He looked up and saw a girl. She looked like she was from a different country. She was wearing the same uniform as him and she had a cute violet barette clipped to her bangs. She had sparkly brown eyes and shoulder-length hair. She made his heart go crazy all of a sudden.

"I-I'm sorry too," the girl mumbled and blushed furiously. She awkwardly ran away, unable to face him. James wanted to stop her but before he could, she already disappeared.

He didn't even know her name.

James sighed and just continued to walk. He reached the school and got to class before the late bell rang.

···

Lunch period came. James was walking towards the cafeteria, his tray of food in his hands as he searched for an empty table. He found one and sat on it, beginning to munch on his lunch. He suddenly felt like someone was watching him. He let his eyes wander around the cafeteria and spotted the girls who were sitting at the other table in front of him.

He furrowed his eyebrows and looked at them. Their looks landed on a girl who had her back facing him. He also saw Harumi grinning at the poor girl. He knew what his sister's grin meant. But who was that girl.

The girl in question suddenly turned to look behind her and his eyes met the same eyes he saw earlier. The girl immediately blushed and looked back to her circle of friends, which Harumi was included.

···

"Guys, stop it. He would never like me," Hennesy said as she went back to eating her chicken sandwich.

Her friend, Mira was still grinning while finishing her lunch. "Come on, who wouldn't like a girl like you?" she said.

Her other friends nodded in agreement. "Oh, Harumi, did you give the CD to your dear brother?" Hennesy's other friend, Snow, asked, winking at Hennesy's direction. Harumi nodded while giggling at Hennesy who was now as red as a tomato.