Chapter 45

Okay, all you wanted to know was what Liam's problem was. Why was he acting like that? Why did it seem like he wanted nothing to do with you? He knew who you were, so he obviously didn't have anything wrong with his brain. But you still demanded to know what was wrong with him. Even though you couldn't go back to his room because the nurses had a close eye on you now, you had to find another way to communicate with him. And the only way you knew how to do that, was by phone. But the problem was, he wouldn't answer any of your calls or texts. Something was up, and you had to find out. You couldn't get any answers being stuck in this room though. So you make a promise to yourself, that as soon as you get out, you were going to find Liam and talk to him, whether he liked it or not. You weren't going to let him go this easily.

A nurse walks in to check on you. She nods her head while checking everything out, "Looks like you might be able to leave as soon as tomorrow!"

You feel something build up inside of you. It was probably excitement. You couldn't wait to leave. You've been waiting for 4 days now.

"Great," is all you can think to say to her. She smiles and adjusts some things around, "It's almost lunch. What would you like?"

"Surprise me."

She smiles, "I have something good in mind." and with that, she leaves the room.

Your dad and Heather were supposed to come again today, so you go use the restroom and take a quick shower in the small bathroom. You leave your hair wet and draping over your shoulders.

When you walk back out into your room, Niall is sitting on your bed. What? How did he know where you were?

"Niall?" you question. He looks up at you with sad eyes that were filled with regret.

"I'm so sorry Brooke," he shakes his head in disapproval before letting it fall into his hands.

"What are you talking about? How did you know where I was?"

"I'm an idiot."

"Niall what are you talking about?"

Just then, your father comes through the door, followed by Heather. He takes in the scene in front of him, then looks towards you.

"Is this not a good time?"

You sigh, "Uh, no, it's okay. Come in."

They slowly walk in and settle down in a couple chairs against the wall next to the large window.

Niall still sits on the edge of the bed with his head buried in his hands. What is happening? 

"We'll talk later Brooke," he says and paces out of the room so fast that you can't even get a single word in.

"Isn't Niall supposed to be in the hospital too?" your father asks. You shake your head slowly, but don't bother to meet his gaze. You had too many thoughts running through your mind to form actual words.

"So," he speaks up again, "I talked to your nurse. She said you could probably get out of here tomorrow."

"I know," you say in a monotone.

Silence passes over the room for a few moments, "Brooke, are you okay sweetie?" Heather asks.

You shake your head to rid your thoughts, "Yeah. I guess I'm just lost in thought." you were still thinking about Niall and what he could have possibly wanted to tell you. It looked pretty serious. And the whole Liam thing was still bothering you as well. There was too many things going on right now. More things than you could handle.

"I just can't wait to leave," you say and sit down on the bed. You sit cross-legged and pull the awful hospital gown farther over your legs.

Your nurse walks in, and the aroma of chicken noodle soup fills the room. You nearly start drooling when you see the bowl of soup, with grilled cheese on the side.