Chapter 20

You wake up the next morning feeling more refreshed than you had been in a long time.

You just left your glass laying on the floor last night because you were too tired to deal with it.

You check the time, and it was already 11:48. You figured you had enough time to get the vacuum and clean up the mess.

You hop out of bed, flinching a little from your sore body. You walk downstairs and grab the vacuum out of a closet and head back up. As your walking back up the stairs, your dad takes you by surprise.

"how are you feeling today?" he asks.

You turn around, "um, alright I guess."

He slightly smiles at you, "good,"

A puzzled look comes on your face as you turn back around and head upstairs, not wanting to say anymore to him.

You plug the vacuum in and start sweeping up the remainings of glass. You were careful to watch where your feet were going, making sure you wouldn't step on any glass.

But you weren't careful enough. A sharp pain came from the bottom of your foot.

"shit!" you yell out. You limp over to your bed and look at the bottom of your foot. There's a pretty good size piece of glass stuck halfway in.

You slowly pull it out, wincing in pain. Your foot automatically starts bleeding.

"oh, just great. another thing to add on to my list of things that's wrong with me," you say to yourself.

You limp to the bathroom and clean it off with some alcohol, then get a big bandage. You place it on your foot. It was still super sore when you walked though.

"DAD!" you yell.

Seconds later you hear his footsteps padding up the stairs and into the bathroom. It looked like he had been crying. His eyes were red and puffy.

"what?" he asks.

"um, can you finish vacuuming my room for me?" you ask while looking at your foot. It hurt like hell.

"sure thing," he walks out and you hear the loud vacuum turn on a bit later.

After a few minutes, you hear the vacuum turn off and your dad walking back downstairs. You were so glad he was trying to be a better person. You admired him for that.

You walk back to your room and notice you had a text.

*1 new message*

Jacob: "we still on for tonight?"

You smile and reply back

"yes :)"

You check the time and it is now 12:36.

You remembered that you needed to run to the store and get some new makeup for your face. You didn't want to look horrible tonight for Jacob. Or anyone else that saw you.

You go to your closet and pick out a pair of dark wash skinny jeans and a oversized grey sweatshirt. You wanted to make sure none of the bruises on your body showed.

Before you leave, you quickly brush your teeth and put a bit of foundation on, trying to cover up as much as possible. You leave your hair down, letting it be natural and wavy.

You put on your black vans and grab your cell phone and purse, then head downstairs to the kitchen, where you find your dad making macaroni.

"oh good, you're just in time," he says when you walk in.