Chapter 39

You drive back home in your car, as Liam takes his and follows behind you. You glance back at him through the mirror a few times, making sure he was still there. You didn't want to lose him again. Even though he was just gone for a day, it felt like weeks.

You arrive back home and pull up into your usual place where you parked your car, as Liam pulled in behind you. You slowly open the door and get out. Niall suddenly bursts through the front door in a rush and runs towards you.

"Brooke!" he shouts. You look at him in confusion.

"What?"

"I've been trying to get a hold of you! Your dad wanted you to go over to Heather's for dinner. He acted like it was pretty important."

Liam comes up next to you and wraps an arm around you waist, "Why are you getting so worked up over that?" He says towards Niall. You elbow him in the rib for being rude.

"Okay. Thanks for telling me." You say to him awkwardly. Things between the two of you had not gotten any better, and you still felt uncomfortable around him after what he had done to you.

"Can I go? I'm starving." He abruptly says. Now he seems to be acting like his usual self again. Maybe it was because Liam was here. Niall had never acted that way when Liam was around. You were starting to think that Liam was a good luck charm.

"Uh, yeah, sure."

Liam groans and leans down next to your ear, "I thought you were done with him?"

"Can we not talk about that right now?" you harshly whisper back and look up at Niall who was already back inside the house. He wasted no time at all after you told him he could go. Maybe he was back to normal now?

You get dressed in a lacey black dress that came up just above your knee. You curl your hair and put on a bit of face powder and mascara. You grab your purse and head downstairs where the other two men waited for you.

Liam holds his arm out so he can wrap it around your waist. You had grown fond of this sweet gesture that he always seemed to do everytime you walked by his side. You glance down at his outfit and noticed that he changed his shirt and was now wearing a black button down long sleeve.

You smile, "Did you get that from your car?"

He takes no time to reply back, "Actually, Niall let me borrow it."

"Really? You guys don't even look the same size." You shut the front door and lock it behind you as you all walk out to Liam's car.

"I hope you're not talking about our dick sizes babe." He winks and you swat his arm. Niall groans in disgust at both of you and opens the door to get in. Liam looks at you over the top of the car and chuckles as you both get in as well.

Liam tries to stars the car up, but immediately fails. He turns the key again as the engine stalls, "Fuck," he mutters and continues turning the key in the ignition, "looks like we'll have to take your car."

"Okay." you get out and walk to your car, but Liam stops you.

"I'm driving." he says. You don't even attempt to argue back with him, as you don't want to ruin the evening.

The CD you were listening to resumes it's spot that you stopped at earlier. You had been listening to Hinder, and it was currently playing Lips Of An Angel.

"Oh, turn it up." you say and reach for the controls.

Liam smirks, "Hinder?"

"Yes, Hinder."

He laughs to himself and you start on your way to Heather's place as you hum to yourself to the songs on the way there.

"Whoa." Niall says to himself in the backseat as we pull into the driveway of the huge two story log cabin.