Chapter 15

you: i need help

jacob: what do you want

you: can you just meet me at mcdonalds tonight around 6?

jacob: no fucking way

you: why not?

jacob: im just not gonna do that. why do you want me to go anyways?

you: ill explain when you get there

jacob: fine. but this better not be some kind of prank

You sighed with relief. You got up off the bathroom floor and walked out.

It was 4:17 and you had nowhere else to go, so you just walked around Walmart for an hour or so. You ended up buying a big bag of Sour Patch Kids.

Once you purchased it, you walked outside and sat on a bench. You checked the time

5:24

Mcdonalds was only a 5-10 minute walk away, so you sat on the bench for a few more minutes while eating your candy.

You had nearly ate the whole bag when you decided to get up and walk over to Mcdonalds. You weren't really looking forward to it, but if being seen with Jacob could get Liam away from you, then that's what you would do.

You crossed over to the other side of the rode and walked to Mcdonalds. When you opened the door, Liam was already sitting at a table waiting for you and Jacob to arrive. He gets up and walks over to you.

"so, where's your date?" he asks with a smirk.

"he'll be here," you say while looking at the time on your phone. It was 6:01.

"we'll see about that," and he walked away and back over to the table he was previously sitting at.

You went and sat at a different table on the completely opposite side of him, trying to get as far away from him as possible.

You sat there for what seemed like an eternity, so you texted Jacob.

you: where are you?

jacob: i cant go

you: why not?

jacob: i just cant

You started to get angry. Why couldn't he come? You slid your phone back in your pocket.

"so, he's not coming?" 

You jumped in fear at Liam's voice right behind you.

"were you looking at my texts?" you ask, still in shock from him sneaking up on you.

he replied sternly, "just answer the question."

"uh, well.."

"so he's not?" he asks.

"no.." you dropped your head down in shame. Liam knew you were lying about the whole "boyfriend" thing now.

"babe, why did you lie to me?"

"because I don't want to be with you Liam. Why can't you understand that?" you looked him straight in the eye, holding his gaze.

"I thought you loved me. I knew I loved you from the very first time I laid eyes on you Brooke. I thought you were special, I thought you were different.." you could tell by his voice that he was hurt.

"Liam, I kno-"

He cuts you off, "no. you know what? Let's just end this. You don't want to be with me and I'm cool with that," you were about to say something but he trudged off and out the door. You watched him out the window as he angrily hit his fist on his car, punching it. He opened the door, got in, and drove away.