Chapter 19

"J-Jacob?" you stuttered out.

He stood there with a blank expression on his face, not saying a word.

"what are y-you doing here?" you ask.

He stares at you, until he finally mutters, "come here" in a deep raspy voice.

You walk towards him until you're about 2 feet apart.

"closer" he whispers.

You walk closer until you're just inches apart. He puts his hand up to your face and gently rubs your cheek where a bruise was.

"what happened?" he asks.

"I, uh, fell," you lie

"don't lie Brooke. really, what happened?"

"I already told you" you say

He sighs. "uh.. are you still with, um, Liam?" he asks awkwardly.

Liam. The boy who broke your heart.

*flashback to 2 years ago*

You had finally gotten your own car. It was great. You finally felt free. Now you could go anywhere you wanted, whenever you wanted.

You decided to drive to your boyfriend Liam's house. You were going to surprise him and just randomly show up. You knew he would be happy about it.

You pull up into his driveway and see another car there. "hm, wonder who's here?" you think to yourself.

You walk up to his front door and open it. He never kept the doors locked. You always told him that some killer dude was gonna come into his house one day when he was sleeping, and he wouldn't even know it. He just laughed and shook his head.

You walk into his house to find it completely silent. No noise whatsoever.

"Liam?" you say into the stillness.

All of a sudden, he hear loud footsteps pounding down the hall. Liam appears seconds later, wearing only a pair of long basketball shorts.

"oh, uh, Brooke.." he scratches the back of his neck, "what are you, uh, doing here?"

He didn't sound surprised at all. He sounded, I don't know, different.

"I wanted to surprise you. soo, here I am!" you walk towards him and pull him into a hug, which he rejected.

"uhh, I think you should leave. I'll explain later" he half whispers.

You furrow your eyebrows, "why? whats wrong?"

Out of no where, a girl appears coming out of the hallway. Her hair was blonde, and pulled up into a messy bun. She had on a very revealing tank top and short shorts. "Liam, who's this?" she asks.

Liam's eyes widen. He looks back and forth from you, to the other girl. He was speechless.

You cross your arms. "I'm his girlfriend."

She gives you a dirty look, "um, no, I'M his girlfriend."

You look right at Liam, tears forming in your eyes. Had he been cheating on you this entire time? Why had you not seen it sooner. Liam was the only thing good left in your life, and now he was gone too.

He stares at you with no expression on his face. "I can explain,"

"there's no need to," you say, and run towards the door. All the tears that had been building up were now pouring from your eyes. You coulnd't hold it in any longer. Liam was the love of your life. He always told you how much he loved you, how much you meant to him. You knew it was a mistake to ever get back with him. He broke your heart, and you would never forgive him for that.