Sometimes I Just Don't Know Where I Belong (Iris's P.O.V.)

Good Old Days By Blink 182

It was the first day at my new school. I was wearing my hair in a high ponytail, with light curls from the bun I had it in last night. I was wearing just a tad of cover up, for my pimples. My outfit was my ripped black jeans, a black t-shirt, and black combat boots.

Last night was great. We had steak, we laughed, we joked, we played. I got to know everybody, and everybody got to know me. But Dad kept saying how great of a singer I was. Everybody wanted to see me sing after that. But it was the last thing I wanted to do. I politely declined, and nobody asked again. It was like we were untouchable. Nobody could effect us last night. I wish we could live that way forever.

"Iris, you're going to be late!" Dad called up the stairs. I quickly finished putting on perfume, and ran down the stairs. "Woah, slow down, it's just school." He chuckled as I rushed towards the door.

"I know, but it's my first day! It's so cool! I get to make new friends. Who knows maybe I'll actually make friends in this school." I rambled as we got into the car.

"What to you mean 'actually make friends?'" Dad asked, looking at me with worried eyes. I looked up at him. He looked worried all the sudden. I really didn't want him to be worried. Not right now, not because of me.

"I just didn't have any actual friends at my old school. They would all act like they were my friends, but when I would ask if they wanted to hangout after school, nobody ever would." I shrugged it off. It wasn't that's big of a deal anymore. I had moved. I didn't have a phone so I couldn't contact anyone, and honestly that was okay. I didn't want to talk to anyone anyways. I'm sure nobody missed me anyways. I wasn't one to be missed.

"Hey, I got a gift for you!" Dad said pulling  a phone out his pocket. It was an iPhone 6 rose gold, with a clear case on it. The clear case had my name Iris written across it. It was stunning. I never had a phone before. The only thing I had was my six year old iPod, that I couldn't do anything on anymore. The damn thing barely even held a charge for longer than ten minutes. It was shocking.

"Thank it's so amazing." I laughed as I threw my arms around him. Dad hugged me back.

"I already programmed all the guys numbers, and stuff you'll need, feel free to add your own stuff. It's all yours." Dad said as he handed me the phone. I put it in my back pocket of my jeans. We sat in the car for a few seconds. "You nervous?"

"A little." I answered. I had gone to schools before, but they were small town schools, and in the orphanage, the people your age was your class. This school was huge. It had at least three levels, and two separate parts.

"Don't be. Your going to be awesome. I know it, but school does start soon, and we got to get you checked in, and settled. Maybe we should head in." Dad rambled before opening the door. We both got out of the car, and made our way towards the school. I held Dad's hand, not caring what people thought. Was I acting like a little kid? Maybe. But being with Dad made me feel safe.

As soon as we entered the school, my breath was taken. There was a huge wooden stair case leading up, and spanning out across the main the level. Students were everywhere. Some people stared, some people didn't even notice us. And that was all okay. We made it to the office.

"Mr. Stump, and Miss. Gutoski-Stump, it's a pleasure." A woman came out from behind a door. I notice the door said Mrs.Vaughn, Principal. I let go of Dad's hand, and he stuck it out for Mrs.Vaughn to shake. I did the same. I forced a smile. And she returned it.

"Please, just Iris Stump. No Gutoski." I corrected Mrs.Vaughn I wanted nothing to do with my father. Especially not his last name. Mrs.Vaughn had short blonde hair that only reached her shoulders, and warm chocolate eyes. She was average height, and super skinny. But she was gorgeous. She wore a black pencil skirt, with a white shirt. She looked nice, and official all at once.