Scenario 1 - Choice 5

Choice Results are at the bottom of the page. Goodluck!

You are travelling out on the open road, the sun shining above you and the smell of manure thick about the air. After completing another successful quest as a mercenary you cannot help, but feel content with your lot in life and how it has turned out. Escorting the family of merchants through the dreaded forests of Plymouth had a been a breeze, with nothing but a few scratches to show for your effort. And now you are finally journeying home to a well-earned rest, when you hear shouts and screams coming from your left. At first you are uncertain as to whether to involve yourself in such matters, but quickly come to the conclusion that you must still investigate, if only to ensure that the road ahead is at least safe to travel upon. Steeling yourself for battle you stride up the hill and towards the sound of the shrill voices that cut through the air.

Slowing your step, upon reaching the outskirts of what you assume to be a village. You stop to take a look at what's taking place, and see a most worrying sight. For you see before a large pack of Silver wolves the size of horses slaughtering the inhabitants of the human settlement. And although most of the villagers lay dead, their life force bleeding out beside them, you do see a group of villagers in a large grey stone building at the end of town, fending off the beasts with pitchforks and spears. However the pack of Silver wolves seem unwilling to give up on any prey and have surrounded the building, clawing at the walls with their powerful paws. Each second that passes, the situation in the village grows ever more dire, with more Silver Wolves abandoning the corpses they had been feasting upon to join their brothers attacking the surviving villagers. You know instinctively that without any help these people will surely die.

As you come to this sudden realisation, you find yourself studying the surrounding buildings and notice that most of the houses in the village have thatched roofs that could easily catch on fire. You also notice a brazier that still has a few burning logs within it. Not far from the brazier you also see a human guard lying face down in the dirt with his guts spilled out beside him. The fool had probably thought to fight the creatures with fire. A foolish notion since Silver wolves, while fearing fire, will still attack if their bellies are hungry enough. However your eyes do light up, when you see a loaded crossbow beside the dead soldier. A useful weapon against such creatures, but a weapon that will take time to reload with each shot. Then there is always the option of just looting the nearby houses. After all, who is going to stop you? The villagers? In any case it's time to make a decision.

Choice 5. Or do you do simply walk away? After all it isn't your problem, why should you get involved?

Unwilling to risk your life for a bunch of villagers. You shrug your shoulders and go on your merry way. Let someone else risk their lives to save them.

Battle Results

None

Loot

None

Quest Incomplete