Scenario 5 - Choice 4

Choice Results are at the bottom. Goodluck!

While in the Bordertown of Harthorn you learn that there is a quicker way to reach the Mountain Strongholds of the Dwarves. Word is, is that there is an underground tunnel to the east of town, that'll lead you directly to where you need to go. Taking their advice, you follow the road northward, and when you arrive at the next crossroads you turn east. And after walking for what feels like three maybe fours hours, you find yourself in a front of a forest with the path leading directing into it. Uncomfortable with the idea of heading into the forest alone with no guarantee of you coming out safely on the other side, you look around hoping to find another path leading east. Unfortunately you find none, and going back would just use up alot of time, your not sure you have. With no other options you head inside the forbidding forest, your eyes warily scanning your surroundings for anything out of the ordinary.

The forest a dark, creepy place, full of mangled trees that are horribly thin and don't look right. Stand to either side of the road, swaying with each breeze. Taunting you with their every slight movement. Ignoring the chill that runs along your spine, from the feeling them watching you. You focus your attention on the trail ahead, which becomes fainter and fainter, until it is barely recognizable as a path at all. The only thing guiding you know is your sense of direction. In growing silence that seems to close in around you, you begin to worry that this might be all an elaborate setup to get you out here, alone in the forest, where you would be easy meat for anyone with a decent bow and hunting skills.

With that disquieting thought at the forefront of your mind, you draw your weapon, and try to quieten down your breathing, which sounds so loud in the silent forest. Licking your dry lips, you press onward into the forest, your eyes darting all around you and your feet ready to pounce at a moments notice. Seeing heavy foliage ahead of you cut, hack and slash your way through the overgrown weeds that block your path forward for many more miles, before at last you see pure undiluted daylight breaking through the forest tree tops. Quickening your pace, you break out of the forest and give a heavy sigh of relief. Your free at last.

For a moment you stand there staring up into the sky, where the four suns hang above you and let the warmth take away all the tension out of your body. Feeling calmer, you realise your that the cave entrance not far from you, just like the borderlander had told you where it would be. While studying the cave entrance you notice a young Fae'lon warrior camped out by the entrance to cave. Equipped with a sword, bow and wearing a wearing a well-designed leather jerkin. The Elf appears to be relaxing by the cave entrance, with no intention of going anywhere anytime soon. The young elf, feeling your eyes upon him, looks up casually from his resting place, stands up and greets you warmly.

He tells you that he's name is Siwen a travelling bard, who's been waiting here for an eternity for someone to escort him through the underground tunnels. Apparently the guards he had hired earlier to protect him had been brutally killed by a vengeful spirit that dwelt within the forest, dealing out death to those who've wronged the forest. He says he will pay you very handsomely, if you will kindly allow him to tag along behind you.

4. Do you draw your weapon and kill the young Fae'lon warrior?  

As soon as the elf mentions the words, "he'll pay you handsomely" your greedy eyes wander up and down his body searching for the money pouch he must surely be carrying with him. When your eyes spot the pouch tied off to his waist belt like a country bumpkin, you give a nasty chuckle at the young idiot, and draw your weapon in a flash of steel. And before the fool can scream, you rip the blade across his throat, spilling his blood out onto the ground, and watch him collapse to the dirt with a satisfied smile upon your lips.

Battlefield Results

None

Loot

Sifting through his gear you find an interesting dagger (Spirit's Edge), which allows you to end fights more quickly. -1 damage from each encounter you face. The sword and bow he was carrying were fake replicas, only useful for scaring of people and his armor, once you inspect it is worthless. The pouch on the other hand contains 200 gold pieces.