Scenario 4 - Choice 1

Choice Results are at the bottom. Goodluck!

After travelling for many more miles out on the Open Plains without any further interference from the Centaurs, you near the Bordertown of Harthorn. A place where drifters, adventurers, sellswords and warriors alike gather together to tell tales of their adventures and collect news from outside world. Setup by the Dwarven Lords of the eight Domains as neutral ground, the town is mostly populated by Dwarves that only come out of their homes at night for fear of losing their eyesight. In any case you find this to be a good place to rest up for the day and recover from your wounds, before continuing on your journey to the Mountain stronghold of Stonefold. As you enter the remarkably shabby town, you see hundreds of warriors from all kinds of races, Orcs, Redlings, Centaurs, Elves, Minotaurs, Trolls, and Werewolves wandering about the cobblestone streets in search of a fight, booze or female company.

Careful to avoid bumping into any of them. You walk along the street, and find yourself standing right in front of several food merchants selling their wares. One is selling apple pies, one is selling freshly baked bread and another is selling raw meat. (If you wish to pay for food, it will cost you 1 gold piece each. Each item you pay for, will boost your health points by 1. You cannot however purchase more than 3 items.)

Done filling your belly, you continue on along the street, and see a group of warriors surrounding a small table with a signpost next to it reading. Arm wrestling challenge, defeat Balron the Ogre and receive fifty gold pieces. The entry fee is 10 gold pieces. (If you wish to challenge Balron to an arm wrestling competition. You will need to divide your health by 2. Then divide your resilience by 2. Add them together, and divide them up by 2 again. If you have more than 25, you win the game and gain 50 gold pieces.)

Rolling your eyes in amusement, you walk away from the stall, and press on towards the center of the town, making sure to avoid all eye contact with many of dangerous miscreants that wander the streets looking for trouble. There you find several more signposts, and raise a quizzical eyebrow in surprise. It seems the town offers more than just sanctuary and rest for the restless wanderer. It also offers training to those, who have gold to pay for it. One training on offer is mental resistance, another offers increased aptitude in battle and the last offers endurance training. However you could just go to the inn to get a good night's sleep instead of spending the day training. Or save your gold by heading out of town a way's to get some sleep by the road. You take a moment to think about what you should do.

1. Do you go to an inn, pay 5 gold pieces and get some much needed rest?

You decide to get a well earned rest, and head over to the nearest inn to get some sleep.

Battle Results

+30 Health Points

Loot

-5 Gold pieces