Prologue Part 1

Frisk POV

I stand on the mountain of Ebott, viewing at the beautifully cast sunset that I thought I would never see again. I look around to observe my friends in complete awe and shock at the site that lays before them. "W-wow... is that what they call the sun?" Alphys managed to stutter out. I only answer with a simple nod, confirming the question that was on everyone's mind. "Dang! I think that thing looks awesome!" Undyne shouts, eager to explore the new found territory. "NYEH, WAIT UP FOR ME!" Papyrus screams, as he and Alphys run to catch up to Undyne. "Damn, kiddo, if I knew you were hiding things like this from me I woulda had a bone to pick with you from the start." Sans chuckles. "Meh, doesn't matter, I gotta follow the others and make sure they don't get in any trouble." He shrugs, causing me to smirk a little, and teleports away to whoever knows where in his blue aura.

It was only me, Toriel, and Asgore left staring at the sight we wished could last for eternity. "Ah, beautiful, is it not?" Asgore spoke, only to recieve a silent, serious glance from Toriel. "I suppose I should follow the others now..." Asgore slowly made his way to the direction the others went until he was nearly out of sight. I felt a deep pain in my heart, knowing my mother figure has not been able to forget past sins and mistakes. "My child, do you not have places to go?" Toriel asks in a serious, yet loving manner, snapping me out of my thoughts. I stay silent for a long time, thinking of how to explain my answer. I take in a deep breath and speak. "I want to stay with you, mom, I have no other place to go or reason to leave you behind. I never understand why you would think I would abandon my friends in the first place." At those very words, Toriel teared up at my choice and hugged me in an emotional hug, which I returned. "Yes, my child, I can be your mother, and we can all live happily together!" Toriel says with tears pouring out of her eyes. I wipe her tears out of her eyes, and tell her "Come on, we should meet up with the others." And at that Toriel stood back and said "I suppose we should." And with that, we began our walk to catch up with the others.

We arrive to see that there are multiple campsites already set up by the monsters that have came happily crossing the broken barrier. "Heya, watchya think about it kiddo?" Sans says as he seemingly appeared out of nowhere to the left of me and Toriel, startling us both. "Dear lords Sans don't scare us!" Toriel exclaimed, not used to his sudden appearances like I was. "Eh, sorry, just came to tell you we got everything set up for the night." Sans said in a half asleep manner. I began to feel tired as well, not knowing how much time I spent with Toriel out in the sunset. I look down at my watch for it to read 11:00 pm. "Well, I guess we should get to bed if we want to get off to a good start tomorrow." I informed the both of them. We saw all the other monsters closing their tents up for the night, getting ready for a well deserved rest. With that, Sans says his goodbyes and we go our separate ways.

When we got to our tent, I felt like the heaviest log ever, and minutes within getting settled in, I felt myself drifting  off to the realm of dreams. "Night, Toriel..." I murmur under my tired voice as I drift off. Just before falling asleep, I hear the quiet giggles from Toriel and hear her respond "Goodnight to you too, Frisk." And with that, my trip to dreamland was already there.

"Frisk....."
"Frisk..."
"Come on now... Listen to me..."

I slowly open my eyes to see someone who I wish I would never see again, Chara. Except... she was lacking something... She looked depressed, no longer seeming to show towards me when I stared into her red eyes. "Howdy." Chara says without any emotion whatsoever. "Chara! I thought you were gone!" I exclaimed in true surprise of her return. "I see that you have become more determined than me to defend what you believe in." I take a look at Chara's soul, only to my shock, I saw it losing color.  "Frisk, please, I want to ask you a favor..."