Prologue Part 2

"Why would I accept any request from you?" I question Chara, deciding it best to remain on defense in case she had some tricks up her sleeve. "No please, listen. I can't take this anymore, I've realized a way we could all get our happy ending." Chara explained, the very light from her soul seeming to grow dimmer by the second. She took notice of my staring and further told me her condition; "I can't continue this anymore... How did I not figure this out before! The answer is so simple!" Chara ranted on, while I just stand there, more confused than ever from the irony of the situation. Was Chara really through with genocide for good? "And do you mind telling me about this idea of yours?" I ask cautiously. "My soul and Asriel's soul, they are connected to one another... It is the very thing I fight for, the hope of one day bringing him back from his cursed form of that damned flower, and my spirit form..." I was shocked by this information that has been revealed for me, all of Chara's efforts... Were to bring herself and Asriel back, how could I have not have guessed it? "That look you have on your face..." Chara continued, "That look shows me you haven't changed a bit, you want to help those in need, so please, understand my situation..."

Chara had seemed like she had lost hope, and was merely asking for help from the former enemy as a last resort. Reluctantly, I asked her what I must do. "Go and get Asriel back for me... For us... Or if I should call him Flowey. I have absolute reason to believe that doctor Alphys should be able to reverse those effects that were put onto him leading to him becoming a flower." I silently took in all the information. "But what about you Chara?" I ask. "Oh, me?" She makes a small smile, "I just need a little bit of determination." Before I could question what she meant, she continued. "Well, now you heard me out, I can only pray you will help me. But for now, I think you deserve some rest..." And with that, Chara slowly faded away, and my vision blacked out.

I awoke with a panic, and look to see that it is 7:30 am. I look to my right to see Toriel, still fast asleep. So with that, I grab my belongings, and silently make my way out of the campsite and back to the barrier on a new quest. And that quest wasn't to help Flowey, but to help Asriel.

Soon enough, I arrived at the entrance of the barrier, and walk through harmlessly. I make my way back to Asgore's garden, when I find Flowey, with all of the other golden petals scattered on the floor. Speak of the devil, I manage to catch his attention before I figure out what I'm going to say. "What now Frisk, come back to taunt me? Oh, what about that silent treatment and poker face you always give me, huh? That's a real classic." Flowey hissed at me. "Flowey, calm down, I'm here to help you." I try to keep my calm about the situation at hand. "What the hell do you mean help? All you did was leave me here to die!" Flowey looked away, obviously not wanting to communicate. "Not today, Asriel, not today." This only irritated Flowey even more. "Don't call me that! Asriel does not exist anymore!" It seemed rather obvious that I have struck a nerve on him. "Please, listen to me... it's about Chara..." With those words, his hatred is immediately replaced with sadness. I continue to tell him what I plan to do. "Asriel, please. Chara wants you back, your parents want you back, I want you back... There is a way to cure you, Chara said it herself!" I try to explain to the best of my ability. Asriel seems to understand, and slowly grows less hostile, then spoke; "Will you take me back, please? I hate this so much you don't understand, being a flower over and over every single timeline! It has driven me insane!" And with that, a quiet agreement was made was that Flowey would come back and be studied in order to bring him back to his full soul form again.