Confusion

1/30/19: 8k views

Asriel POV

There was no sound made as I sit quietly in my bedroom, the only other presence in the room being Chara. It had grown quite late now, and I was to go to sleep if I knew what was best for me. Chara however still managed to stir around a lot, having trouble finding a comfortable position. It concerned me as she moved around for a long time, clearly not asleep. Getting out of bed with a sigh, I made my way towards the bed across from me as things go quiet.

It looked as if Chara had given up on finding the best position as she lets herself lie down motionless. Sitting at the edge of her bed, I see as she turns her head towards me in a slow fashion. "Hey, Azzy." She gave me a smile, one which I had returned full heartedly. It didn't stop me from knowing that she was stressed however, anyone could see it with the tired look on her face. "You doing okay, you wake up?" I wasn't sure if she was being sincere or not.

"I was about to ask you that, Chara." I could hear a small exhale and shuffle from her, as she sat up on her bed. I stared right into her green eyes, and looked away in shyness. "Don't think you can trick me, Chara. You're not gonna be able to sleep with something looming over your head." A part of me died as the small smile had turned into a frown, perhaps I was being too confrontational with her. She decided to speak her mind, knowing in the back of her mind that I was right. "Well, you see... I think I had a nightmare." I raised an eyebrow at the statement, feeling as if there were something more complicated at play. "You.. Think?"

Chara nodded her head, looking nervous. "Uh, yes. I don't know how to describe it Asriel, or maybe it wasn't a nightmare?" I grew concerned at her confusion, unsure what she was feeling. I had put all my attention on her, and she continued on. "I can't describe what I saw. It was like, this odd glowing entity. It told me things... Things that I had a difficult time understanding." She rubbed her head, confusion spread across her face. "I get a headache thinking back to it..." I sat there, silenced by curiosity for what could have been a minute, unable to fully understand what she had meant.

I decided that I myself couldn't either comprehend what she could've gone through. "That's pretty confusing Chara, I won't lie. Thinking about it this hard won't get you anywhere it seems." She sighed, staring down at the white sheets on her bed. "I guess you're right then Asriel. Maybe I should just go to bed." I was in a trance from her description, trying to understand more of what she had told me. I didn't want to argue with her on the matter however as it wasn't a good time for that.

Nodding my head, I stand back up to go back to my own bed. A voice stops me only a second after. "Wait." I turn back around and see Chara in the same unmoved position. I sit back down at the edge of her bed, again. She looked nervous, as if she were to request something big from me. "Don't leave me, Asriel." She grabbed ahold of my wrist, looking at me with a pout. I offered her a small smile, and laid back on the bed as she scooted over to give some room. "You comfortable now?" My comment seemed to immediately put her in a better mood as she nods her head.

We stared at one another for a while, and she moved in closer, surprising me as she places a soft kiss onto my lips. She laughs quietly, knowing she got me. "Huh, guess who's gonna be in the lead now?" I chuckled a bit as well, wanting nothing more than to kiss her all night long. It was late however, and sadly not all dreams became reality. "Goodnight, Chara." Pulling her in and embracing her, I hear a soft giggle in my ear.

"Goodnight Azzy." With that, I felt myself slowly heading off to a world of sleep. I couldn't find it in myself however, just laying there motionless as I hear her rhythmic breath. I thought over what she had told, but it still didn't make sense. Entity, unsure if it was a nightmare. I cursed myself for not having better knowledge on how dreams worked. The way she said it however made it seem like no dream. And as I feel her soft embrace against me, I decided that I would make a little investigation about the topic. Right now however, was not the time for it. Now was the time for sleep, a time that I looked forward to. Laying my head down for the final time, I try my best to drift off into a different world.