•The Moment I Knew [S]•

(Song: The Moment I Knew by Taylor Swift)
I DO NOT OWN POKEMON OR THE SONG THANKS BYE
(A/N: it's Christmas themed yes don't kill me please)
"So.. will you come?" Misty Waterflower, the leader of the Cerulean City gym, was talking to Ash Ketchum, her best friend.

"Yeah- I should be there." He smiled. He had called her a while ago, and they had talked, Misty bringing up how her sisters were hosting a Christmas party. They had actually told her to invite him, she was too scared too, though.

"Great! I guess I'll see you in a week, then." She smiled back. He nodded. "Yup- well- I've got to go now, Mist- see you soon." He said as he hung up the phone.

"Like, Misty!" Daisy walked into the room where she was sitting. "What?" Misty asks.

"How's your boyfriend doing? You know, the one in Kalos!" She questioned. "He's not my boyfriend!" Misty snaps. Although a clear blush was appearing across her face. "Whatever you say.. anyways, is he coming?"
"Yes,"

"Alright then. I've got to talk to Tracey to see how we can set you two up under the mistletoe- that'd be so cute!!!" Daisy said as she walked out, Misty, blushing a lot, probably would have yelled something, but it wasn't worth it. Now.. what to do....

1 week later; December 20 (aha that's one day before my birthday :D)

"Misty!" Misty turned to see one of her close friends, May Maple, with a guy with green hair, which she assumed to be Drew, whom May was currently dating. "May!" She greeted her friend with a hug. "Misty, this is Drew." May said after they had hugged. Drew flicked his hair back. "Yeah." Was all he said.

"Well.. the party's going to start soon." Misty said. "Yeah hey- where's Ash?" May suddenly. Misty's eyes widened. "Oh that's right! He was coming... well was supposed to yesterday. Maybe he'll be here in an hour." Misty shrugged. May raised an eyebrow.

(It won't work so it might but idk it's at the top)
Misty's POV
You should've been there,
Should've burst through the door,
With that 'baby I'm right here' smile,
And it would've felt like,
A million little shining stars had just aligned,
And I would've been so happy.

He should be here.. I thought as I looked around the room. Everyone else was here, Dawn, Brock, May, Professor Oak- everyone. I can't help but think how he'd greet me. He could run through the door, then hug me. Oh.. how good it might feel to be in his arms.

Christmas lights glisten,
I've got my eye on the door,
Just waiting for you to walk in,
But the time is ticking,
People ask me how I've been
As I comb back through my memory,

I look from the door to the clock. Door. Clock. Door. Clock. Door. Clock. Door. Clock. Door. Clock. Door. Brock- wait what. "Hey Misty!" My old friend greets. "Brock- I- have you seen Ash?" I ask urgently. "Actually no I haven't. It's quite weird, too, he's always here." He replies, placing a hand on his chin. "Well.. there's Nurse Joy! Gotta go!" I roll my eyes as he runs to greet the Nurse with some stupid pick-up line.

How you said you'd be here,
You said you'd be here.

"I'll be there. " He said he'd be here.. so why isn't he?

And it was like slow motion,
Standing there in my party dress,
In red lipstick,
With no one to impress,