•Valentines Day [F]•

(A/N: so I actually have a separate story for this but I figured I'd put it in here just so I have more fanfics haha. I might write a Christmas or another Valentine's Day one even though it's neither one of their seasons 😂. Idk so... here it is. Another songfic coming up when I get time to write it, probably Sunday. It's a song almost all pokeshipping authors have written a story on 😂 )

Misty sighed. She was alone, like basically every other day, but today was different. It was Valentine's Day and Daisy was off with Tracey, and Violet and Lily were off with who-knows-who and who-knows-where.

She usually didn't feel this lonely, but her thoughts were almost always on Ash. The boy who stole her heart, and her bike. She stirred her cup of hot chocolate, lost in thought.

She snapped back into reality as a small water gun attack hit her face. She looked down at her Azurill, giving it a confused glance. She hadn't forgotten anything, had she?

Azurill bounced to the front door, resting on its tail near a pile of letters. Misty picked them up and carried them back to the counter where she was sitting at.

She skimmed through the letters, but one caught her eye.

MISTY WATERFLOWER- CERULEAN CITY GYM, KANTO

Curious, she opened the envelope and pulled out the letter and read

Hey, Mist!

Maybe you won't get this in time, but I've been in Kanto for about a month (back from Kalos) and figured I'd come visit you soon! It's probably late notice, but....... I can't wait to see you again, so we can catch up!

-Ash
P.S- sorry we haven't kept in contact.... sorta my fault....

Her heart soared. So he hadn't forgotten about her!

Ash knew why he was nervous, he just didn't want to believe it. He couldn't be in love with his best friend, that just doesn't seem right. He shook his head and walked up to the gym, hands shaking a bit. "Pika pika!" Pikachu said. Ash rolled his eyes a bit "I know, okay?!?" He said, annoyed as he knocked on the door.

It opened shortly after. "Oh." Was what Misty said. He blinked he hadn't seen her in years and all she said was "oh"?!? "I thought you'd be coming later..."
"Well can I come in?" Misty noticed his voice definitely got deeper, he was taller but his personality seemed to the same, and he still was very handsome.
"Oh- yeah." She stepped aside, letting him pass by.

"Well.." Ash said awkwardly. "What?" Misty asked. "I don't know, but it's Valentine's Day right?" Misty raised an eyebrow. "Yes... why?" She asked suspiciously. "Umm... well... I don't know how to say this but..." he blushed. "How about we- well I mean, if you want to, if you don't want to then-"
"Get to the point," Misty said impatiently.
"How about- I don't know- g-go out t-tonight??? Never mind, I'm dumb..." he muttered. Misty blushed. He, Ash Ketchum, the densest of all, was possibly trying to ask her out- on a date?
"S-sure." She managed to stay. Ash beamed. "But- why?" Ash's smile faded. This didn't seem like the right time... "because I gmgmfmfmfmfmfm," Ash said quietly. "What was that?"
"Umm- I l-love- umm- y-you?" He said a tiny bit louder,  but Misty was able to catch it. "Really?"
"Yes?"
"Is that a question?"
"No.... I mean... yes I- I do."
Misty went silent, blushing furiously. But her blush went unnoticed by Ash, since he turned away. "I love you too." He turned his head. Surely he didn't hear correctly? "Wait- say that-" his request was muffled as Misty pressed her lips against his. He blushed and his eyes widened, but soon he closed them, and fell into the kiss.

The end