It's a Surprise

I changed my style thingy again..

I don't really feel like the • or [] anymore.. I just want it simple.

I know I said I might be leaving in my last update, but I've decided.

I'm not leaving for good.

I didn't get many comments (shocker), but that's not why (part of).

I still enjoy writing and stuff; it's just Pokemon and Pokeshipping isn't that big on me as it was.

I'm going to be "active" but I won't update every day. Once a week if I'm lucky, I'll try. Once every two or weeks will be most likely.

I felt quite inspired to write this one, so I did. I've been playing it out in my head for a while, and I think it might turn out  well and I have time to write before basket ball practice.

Anyways; this is Misty's birthday.
It's sorta based off some fics I've read before but not really
Ash gets her something... unexpected. Maybe she shouldn't have expected so much from him.

•~• It's a Surprise •~•

         Misty awoke in the morning as usual, yawning and stretching as she got up. She had closed the gym in preparation, because today was none other than her nineteenth birthday.
        Delia Ketchum had insisted she came down to Pallet for a while so they could celebrate, and Misty, being offered free cake and indirectly possibly time to spend with Ash, immediately accepted the offer.
       So maybe Ash wouldn't be there, but that wasn't an excuse not to be there. She knew May and Dawn would be there, so she knew she had to accept. She got dressed in her usual outfit and headed downstairs. Daisy was basically waiting for her there, asking her when she'd be ready. "In a sec," Misty replied. "Hurry!"
        "I know you just want to see Tracey, calm down," Misty said, wondering if she would just skip breakfast. "I do not!" Daisy denied. "Mhm. Sure. Totally didn't turn down a spa day with Lily and Violet to come to Pallet." Misty shot back. Daisy glared at her. "It was a hard decision, okay?" Misty sighed. "C'mon, let's go,"
        And they set off for Pallet. It was a while until they had gotten there, and Misty stood, overlooking the small town. A half smile appeared on her face as she relaxed. "Nice view, ain't it?" Daisy looked at her expression. "Good thing your future mother-in-law lives here, you can come here all the time." She teased. "Shut up," Misty said a bit angrily, snapping out of her small trance. Everyone she knew knew about her possible crush. Okay, so maybe it was a bit obvious, but everyone still knew. It was sort of easy because she didn't have to tell anyone; they just knew.

        It was a couple more minutes until they reached the Ketchum's house, Misty was greeted by Delia. "Misty!" She said, opening the door, flashing her a warm smile. Misty returned the smile as she stepped inside. She noticed Daisy had ditched her a while ago, she knew she went up to Professor Oak's lab. "How are you, dear?"

        "I'm pretty good, I guess.." Misty said a bit awkwardly. "Mmm.. I think Ash is in his room, he was up and alive for breakfast, at least. He seemed a little stressed. I mean, he ate once and was gone! Once!" Delia replied. "I really wonder about what's going inside his head, sometimes, that boy is always jumping around."
          Misty couldn't wonder herself what went on in Ash's head. It'd be way too complicated. "Ash!" Delia called up the stairs. "Misty's here!"
        Misty's eyes for a moment went wide. What? Don't address my presence! She thought. She relaxed. It was only Ash. "Oh- uh- c-coming!" Came the reply from upstairs. She could hear his door open, but it was only followed by a "OW!", which she could tell came from Ash. She smiled to herself. Then he was walking down the stairs, rubbing his head with his hand.
           "Heya, Mist," he gave a small smile that nearly made Misty melt completely inside. She loved it when he called her Mist and gave that small smile. She smiled back at him, she sort of did as she saw him. "Hey," she replied softly.
He approached her and Delia had left, and they awkwardly avoided each other's gaze, locking eyes every few seconds. "Uh.. happy birthday, by they way," he said awkwardly. She realized once again it was her birthday; Daisy hasn't even said it yet.
It wasn't common she forgot she was a year older; her sisters were never home and it's just another normal day. She'd usually get a call from May or Dawn or even sometimes Brock saying "happy birthday". Never from Ash.
She felt as if something would change this year, well of course it would it's a FanFiction Misty, think. Y'all are gonna end up married or something by the end 🤷‍♀️ (oops; spoilers. But if you didn't know that then that's just sad..)
"So, everyone else is up at the lab, I think." He explained. "Most are, anyways.. they went up a bit ago,"
"Why didn't you?" She asked as they started walking to the lab. "Oh.. I was.. Er.. debating something," he replied. He wasn't lying, really. "Well, alright."