Chapter 20

Roses pov

     Today I'm being released from the hospital. We finished signing the discharge papers and we left. Moroi swarmed me and started asking questions.

     I got really mad and yelled " Everyone shut up! I'll hold a damn press conference in 2 days, you'll get you're answers then!" I then walk to the limo.

     We get back and we head to our rooms. The rest of the day, we play with the babies. After a while, we put them to bed.

       We go to sleep. In the middle of the night, they wake up crying. I go to get up, but Dimitri gets up and tells me to go back to sleep.

        I fall back asleep, and who knows how much longer they wake up crying again. " It's my turn Dimitri" I tell him trying to go get them.

       " Not happening Roza. You need to sleep" he says. Good god, will he not let me take care of our babies. I fall back asleep. Luckily, this time I wake up by Dimitri getting me up.

      I walk into the kitchen and get the bottle and start feeding Nes. We decided we will call Vanessa Nes, and Annesa Ana. Dimitri gets Ana.

     Lissa and Christian come in. " Can I hold her?" Lissa asks. I hand her Nes and the bottle. Dimitri hands Christian Ana but she starts crying and screaming.

      He freezes " Oh god, what do I do" he asks, his eyes getting big. I take her and feed her " Nothing, she just doesn't like you" I laugh at him. We finish feeding them. I grab a bagel and eat it. Just then the feeders walk in.

         I walk into the room with Liss and Christian. When we finish, we go back to find Nes and Ana asleep, hugging each other. " Awww! It's so cute !" Lissa squells. I pick them up and put them in they're crib.

       * Time skip to press conference*

     " What are they're names?" One asks " Annesa Olena Erica Belikov Dragomir, and Vanessa Vasilissa Vika Belikov Dragomir." I say. I'm holding Nes and Dimitri has Ana.

       " Are the dhampir?" Another asks. " Yes, they are dhampir" Dimitri said. " Are you planning on having a moroi child" " Uh, well, it's been discussed" I said.

         After another hour of questions and pictures, we finally finished. We go back to our rooms, only to have a meeting called with the court.

      Me and Lissa head down there. When we get there we ask why the meeting was called " We have been informed that Victor Dashkov turned strigoi. But, not long after was killed" Lord Conta says.

      I stiffen as I hear this. " Um, thank you for informing us. Is that all?" I ask " Tasha Ozera tried to escape. She has been giving threats. We want to ask, you have 2 choices. Execute her, or you can jeep her in maximum security"

        " Uh, keep her in maximum security for now" I say. We get up and leave. About half way, my head starts throbbing " Rose, what's wrong" Liss asks " My head" I say dropping to the ground.

        It feels like a knife going through me. I hear Liss but can't tell what she saying. I then hear Dimitri. " Rose" I hear the last voice I want to hear.

       I look up and see Victor Dashkov. " What do you want?!" I scream at him " I want, well, I came to take you family.Dimitri should've died that night. When someone dies and are brought back, don't you think it leaves a mark on the soul"

      " and rhe children should have never been born. He should've been dead before they where even made." " NO! You can't take them!" I scream " Roza, who are you talking to?" Dimitri asks. I ignore him.

         " Please, don't take them. Take me! Take me instead!" I scream. " Rose, I can't do that. We need Dimitri. He should've died. And the dead want someone" he said.

      " Then take me! Take me in his place! Just please, don't kill him!" " Rose, what's wrong" Lissa asks. " What about the children?" " NO! Take me! I should be enough! Don't take them! I won't let you!"

         " Rose, what's wrong" Dimitri asks me again " Fine. But know, spirit won't save you" Victor said " Just let me say goodbye" I ask. He nods his head and disappears.

       I turn to Dimitri " I'm so sorry" I tell him. " For what, Roza what happened?" " Dimitri, I have to do this. I couldn't let them take you, or the kids. Just know that I love you" I told him.

        " what, Roza what are you talking about?" " Dimitri, the dead need someone. I couldn't let them take you. I'm going. And don't try to stop me. I couldn't lose you. Make sure the kids know I loved them"

      " What!? Roza, no you cant! Please, Roza don't do this! There has to be another way!" He screamed, tears falling down his face.

       " Please, Dimtri, don't cry. I'm doing this because I love you. I'm not changing my mind. Please, don't make this harder." I tell him, wiping the tears away.

        " No, Roza, Roza please. Don't do this. Don't leave me" he says. " Dimitri, I have to. I love you. Don't ever doubt that. And tell the kids I loved them. I'm sorry" I say.

      I turn to Lissa " Don't try to save me. It won't work. Spirit can't help this time. I love you Lissa. I always will. Tell Christian I love him to" I say cryibg

     " No, Rose please don't go. I can't do this without you. Please don't leave me. You all I have left" she said. " Lissa, I love you. I really do. I have to do this" I say.

        Victor appears. " I'm ready" I say. He nods his head. I turn around and look at Lissa and Dimitri. " I love you. Both of you. Make sure the kids know that. And tell Christian I love him to."

     And with that, I fall to the ground.