Chapter 8: Mum made me wash the dishes..

Alyssa's POV

I woke up to someone jumping on my bed. Urgh. Cheryl.

"Go away! I'm trying to sleep." I mumbled on my pillow. What is this girl doing early in the morning in my room?

"I can't. Mom sent me here to tell you that dinner will be ready in a few minutes!" She said, still jumping.  Wait, dinner? So it isn't morning yet? I thought that it was morning!

"Just a few minutes, Cher. Let me sleep in peace." I said covering my whole body with my duvet cover.

"But then, dinner will be ready." she replied, pulling the cover. Brrrr.. Chilly.

"Ok, fine. I'll get ready first. I'll be down in a few minutes." I said yawning then sitting on the side of my bed, reaching for my hairbrush. My hair is still in a bun messily and I've got hair going in every direction. My bed can be the best hairstylist ever.

"But then dinner is ready, so no. I'll stay here." She said stubbornly, sitting on the floor and crossing her arms.

"It won't take long, I promise." I smiled sweetly at her. Works everytime.

"Okay fine.." she stood up, dusted herself a little and went outside.

"See you later at the table sis! If I don't see you there, I'll drag your lazy bum downstairs." she added before she closed the door. Psh. As if like she'll literally drag me. Will she?

I shrugged it off and went to my bathroom lazily, as if yearning for more sleep. Goodness, Alyssa. You've been asleep for more than 4 hours.

I walked over to the sink to wash my face. Wouldn't want dry saliva around your face, would you?

The cold water suddenly woke me up when it was splashed on my face. Somehow it felt refreshing and nice since it should feel uncomfortable and cold.

After I washed  my face thoroughly, I reached for a towel in my rack. Once I reached for it, it was empty. Great.

I went back to the bedroom hurriedly so as to avoid water dropping on my carpeted-floor. I looked for a towel in my closet. If I don't find a proper towel in there, I'm going to wipe my face with my t-shirt. Thank god I found one.

I wiped my face and placed the towel on my rack back in the bathroom.

I fixed my hair once again. Unexpected curls began to form on my hair since I accidentally wetted them when I was on washing my face. Meh. I'm at home anyway.

I sprinted my way through the door and downstairs.

Once I was in the kitchen, plates and utensils were on the table. Lucky me I don't have to set the table. You see, when your mum sent someone in your room, for instance, my sister, to tell you that food is ready, don't come down immediately. It's just to tell you that you need to set the table. So wash your hair, comb it, take a shower or poo if you want but don't be too slow. Just be there in time after your mum set up the table. Just saying.

"Well, look at what we have here. Ms. Sleepyhead is finally awake." Dad teased as I walked down the stairs.

"Take a seat honey. We're not gonna start without you.. Except for Stevie here." Mum said as he nudged Stevie's arm while I took my seat.

"What? I'm hungry!" Stevie replied with a full mouth, shoving a spoonful of cooked beans and a chicken dipped on Harry's grav- Wait, what? This has taken an effect on me HUGELY.

"What's bugging you love-bug?" Dad said.

"I'm not a love bug dad!" I replied picking the fork and shoving salad in my mouth.