Chapter 10: I was chosen to be what?

Alyssa's POV

As I sat down here at my own cubicle in the bathroom, I couldn't think of anything but cry. I don't care whether the classes are starting or not. I just want to be alone. Why did he do that? After pain I've been through, all the moving-on from the hurt, he's just bringing this up right now? I'm going to end up really hurt. Even if we get together, he'll just use me to move-on with his girlfriend, A.K.A. his ex-girlfriend.

"Alyssa, come on hun. Classes are starting." someone yelled from outside the cubicle.

"It's us babe." another voice said. Emma and Kristina? How did they know that I was here?

"We know what happened. Tom decided to spill it. We ermm.. We took care of it." Kristina said. Knocking on each of the cubicles' doors.

I stood up and dustied myself a little. I arranged my hair, now a messy, messy bun so I took it down. I combed my hair with my hand and reached for the door, my bag still on my back.

"There you are!" Kristina screamed as she pulled me into a tight hug while Emma is still in the cubicle next to mine hoping she'd find me.

"What a mess. Now we need to clean you up." Kristina said, releasing me from the hug as she walked over behind me, fixing my hair. Emma came from the cubicle and looked at me, wide eyed.

"What has that Tom, done to you?" Emma exclaimed and hugged me even tighter. 

"Uhhm. Emma, I thought we already handled that." Kristina said from behind. Seriously, what did they do to Tom?

"Right. Look at your lips. Their cracked!" Emma replied, reaching for her lip balm in her bag. Let's invite more people in our makeover party in the bathroom, should we?

"We better go. Classes are starting." Kristina said as she headed towards the door. I held my hair, which is now tied in a neatly braid. I love them so much. I don't know what I'm going to do without them.

We followed Kristina out of the door.

"Bye guys! Thanks. See you later at P.E.!" I bade, walking over to my locker to get my things for the English locker, my mind is still not free from what happened.

As I open my locker, another note fell. I decided to throw it in the trash bin without reading it. I'm not in the mood. She'll just probably go, 'Stay away bla bla yadda yadda' or , since she saw us with Harry (which I hope that she didn't or the other girls), she'll go, 'Now you're taking Harry? Bla bla bla'. Really, I don't care what you say about me, well a little.. No. I will not take those as any threat. I'll just carry on with my life.

 I put my bag in my locker. I carried my things needed during English and locked my locker. I sprinted my way into the classroom, hoping the classes wouldn't start yet. Unfortunately, it did. As I open the door, Ms. Hudson was already discussing about idioms or something like that and all eyes were on me. Yeah, I love the subject but her? No. She's so.. I dunno... But I don't like her.

"Ms. Brighton! We're currently discussing idioms right now. Why did you decide on going to school if you were going to be late anyway?" she said. Hmph. Talk about PMS. 

I rolled my eyes and took my seat. How could she? Did she know that I pay for her salary so she could have a decent living? Just kidding. But why did she say that in front of the class? I'm not really in the mood right now so I'll just listen so I won't fail.

"We'll have a test tomorrow about the previous session and about idioms. So I suggest Ms. Brighton that you study so you won't fail." Ms. Hudson said as her bright eyes looked at me. Me? She should learn to keep it shut. I'm listening quite intently and this is what I get.