𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟵

Raegan's POV

Raegan's POV

I pull up in the parking lot of Starbucks while I park my car on the side of the building. I rehearsed everything in my mind on what to say to Lamar while on my way here.

I don't know how he was going to take it. I didn't want to hurt his feelings but I can't just drag this situation into a deeper problem. I wouldn't be able to sleep with this holding over my head.

I get out of my Lincoln MKZ and lock my car doors as I open the doors of Starbucks. I walk inside looking around as I spot Lamar sitting at a nearby table he was texting someone on his iPhone.

I walk over to the table and sit down in one of the chairs across from him clearing my throat while trying to get his attention.

Lamar looks up at me finally retrieving from his phone while he gives me a bright smile.

Something was going on with him. I just didn't know what he seemed very happy.

"Hi Rae you want anything to drink while I take my order?" He asked while standing up.

"Yeah you could get me a tea... thanks." I reply nervously.

He looks at me worriedly knowing that I had something on my mind.

"Rae are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine... I just need to talk to you about something." I said while sighing ready to get this over with.

He looks straight at me confused.

"Well okay I'll be back in a minute." And with that he left to go and take our orders.

I text my friend Valerie letting her know what was about to happen.

Rae- Val I'm about to tell Lamar that I want a break from our friendship just to give him time to think things through I just don't want to be a burden to him.

Valerie- Are you sure you're ready to do this? Because I know how close you guys are.

Rae- I think so....no I know so

Val- Well do what you feel... I'll talk to you later I have to get back to work to finish up this paperwork so I can be off tomorrow. I'll call you tonight and we can talk more.

I look at her reply and then I take my phone off and place it inside my pocket.

Lamar then approach the table placing my cup of tea in front of me while taking a sip of his dark latte. He then breaks the silence.